AA 767-300 version 1 (old business class)

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by KyRoamer, Dec 1, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. KyRoamer
    Original Member

KyRoamer Gold Member

Status Points:
    I was forced to give up my first class seat on BA from LHR to MIA because my connecting AA flight was rescheduled. Instead I got a non-stop from MAD (before I had to fly MAD-LHR in BA business class) and took a business class seat on BA69. This is the xx-xx-xx angled lay flat layout.

The flight is 9h30 minutes leaving at 11:15 am and arriving at 2:45 pm. I doubt we will try to sleep as our goal is to be home by 10 pm home time and get right to sleep.

How comfortable are the seats and any change an upgraded x-xx-x configuration will be added to that route before this summer?

The new flight is much shorter and we get home 3h30m sooner. Even being FC, an 1h45m connect in LHR leaves little time for fun.

We will have 4 hours in Miami. Arriving international BC and departing on domestic FC will we have lounge access? By then I will have no status with AA or US.

Any idea when Amex will open its Centurion lounge at MIA? Not sure what early 2015 means as it was late 2014 until recently. See http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...ards/1574876-centurion-lounge-mia-future.html for grousing and wishing.

uggboy likes this.
  2. daninstl

daninstl Gold Member

Status Points:
    In May they said the MIA lounge should be open late in 2014 but it sounds like early 2015 to me at this point.

Sorry I don't have insight on the seats. If your not trying to sleep they should be OK I would think.

Did the route change with non-stop from MAD change any fuel charges and taxes in your favor? Just wondering.

3. brodyf

brodyf Gold Member

Status Points:
    The old seats are just ok. Not bad for sitting. Not great for sleeping.

The newer x-xx-x are very nice. But the seats are narrow. If you have broad shoulders or a big butt it can be a tight squeeze.

daninstl likes this.
  4. KyRoamer
    Original Member

KyRoamer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes. About $300.

daninstl likes this.