AA 528 BUR-DFW on July 31, 2011

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by garyst16, Jul 31, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. garyst16
    Original Member

garyst16 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am on this flight in F as I type my post about one of the most rude FA's I have had the pleasure of meeting in quite some time. Let's forget the fact that she appears to be from the Jurassic period, as I don't believe that's the reason behind the behavior. I asked the FA if she would like my newspaper or if she could take it to the trash. She looked at me with disdain and stated very curtly, "Not now, maybe later!" It must have been the surprised look on my face that caused her to explain her rude response. She informed me that she had just washed her hands to serve breakfast and didn't want touch a dirty newspaper. OK, I get that, I don't want dirty hands serving my food...but when I asked her a second time, after she was done serving and picking up the trays, her response was, "I told you I would get it later!" Really? I know I wasn't singled out because she was rude to most everyone in F! Is it too much to ask to have a newspaper taken away when one is done reading it? BTW, AA528 is a MD80, not exactly a lot of room, otherwise, it might not be an issue...

2. JetsettingEric
    Original Member

JetsettingEric Silver Member

Status Points:
    That sucks... did you let AA know? I doubt much would happen - but I do try to pass both good feedback and bad.

Sometimes they could be having a bad day, but if they're consistently bad, hopefully AA gets the message.