AA 2004 LAX-ORD 1/30/12 Landing Gear

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by garyst16, Jan 30, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. garyst16
    Original Member

garyst16 Silver Member

Status Points:
    AA2004 LAX to ORD Landing Gear...

On my 4th of 5 DEQMs today and once again, a landing gear issue on AA. We lifted off over the blue Pacific on an ubelievably clear day. The gear retracted, but from the sound reverberating into the aircraft. Rob760 from FT and I were discussing the issue when the pilot made a right turn (usually a left hand departure) then a sharp left and seemed to be lining up for the pattern as we flew North of LAX. The gear then extended and retracted and seemed to be fine. The pilot then announced the nose gear door had remained open and after cycling the gear it was closed. He also said "we are now on our way to Chicago" so I am assuming the abnormal take off pattern was due to the gear door issue.

This is now the second time in less than a week I have been on an AA flight with gear issues. Let's hope this is just a coincidence and not a result of the current status of AA!

TheBeerHunter and rwoman like this.
  2. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    Glad it all ended up okay! SoCal has definitely had some great weather the past few days!!

3. basiface

basiface Silver Member

Status Points:
    He probably was turning right to head back to the airport, but once the issue was solved he resumed his normal departure.

LETTERBOY likes this.
  4. AZO_Tim

AZO_Tim Silver Member

Status Points:
    Interesting. I was on flight 2004 on Sunday and the flight had to divert to Denver because all of the Lavs were overflowing. I would say 3 out of 4 of my flights on 757s seem to have issues.