AA 1MM Changes Comment

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by toddreg, May 6, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. toddreg
    Original Member

toddreg Silver Member

Status Points:
    Rumor and speculation abound with regards to AA changing the Million Mile Program. It apparently is possible that at some point in the future not all miles will count towards future million miler status attainment.

Well for AA I would like to comment on my situation. I have recently gotten the SPG AMEX card for the sole purpose of obtaining AA status and move my business from Delta to them. While I do not fly enough to obtain MM lifetime status in a reasonably achievable time period, I would with my business spend on my AMEX card. Therefore, impeding my ability to acheive Lifetime Status via non flying miles does not provide any incentive for me to move my business from Delta to them.

AA- I hope you will consider the above in your decesion making process.

2. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

Status Points:
    In the chat the other evening I think Maya touched on this as to miles earned prior to any changes. She also mentioned that her team monitors forums such as milepoint where the discussions can be civil enough to read and you certainly have a valid point as to how you chose the AAdvantage program. Let's hope she and her team read what you have to contribute and I've got top say it is a reasonable decision maker for business give the current options and choices.

toddreg likes this.
  3. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    I'd also add that you aren't the only one with concerns. There's a whole thread (LINK) here about the possible changes. You might wanna take a peek. :)

4. mikeef
    Original Member

mikeef Silver Member

Status Points:
    toddreg,

Welcome to AA. As others have mentioned, the timeframe is uncertain now, but AA did promise to give ample warning. It does seem from the discussion that it will be sooner rather than later so hopefully, you will find out quickly and not waste time in getting back to DL, if that's your decision.

If you really want to make a run for it, I'd see about some of the other ways to earn big miles quickly. My suggestions include a bank account with BankDirect (Someone in the relevant thread will be happy to refer you, I'm sure.), coins from the mint and one of the big bonus credit cards. There's probably a link around here somewhere, but Gary Steiger has an excellent list on his site www.freefrequentflyermiles.com. Just go under "Credit Cards" on the left and hit "Annual Fee Cards." There are currently two AA cards offering 75K sign-up bonuses.

Mike