AA …LAX~MIA for $290rt

Discussion in 'Mileage Runs/Travel Hacking' started by TRYING2BPLAT, Aug 7, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. TRYING2BPLAT

TRYING2BPLAT Silver Member

Status Points:
    in september same day turnarnd,is that good?

sobore, tondoleo and Kalboz like this.
  2. webdes03

webdes03 Gold Member

Status Points:
    A shade over 6CPM direct... depending on routing it may be a little lower. 6CPM is the high end for me when it comes to mileage runs, but everyone is a little different.

Mike Reed, tondoleo and Kalboz like this.
  3. Mike Reed

Mike Reed Gold Member

Status Points:

If this were the only way you qualified for EXP you'd need just over round trips, or just under $6,200. Do you consider EXP worth $6,200?

13 trips / $3,700 for Platinum (which gets you the 100% bonus, which may or may not be worthwhile depending on travel load).

Bottom line: does 4,684 miles a few times make the difference in comparison with your goals? Figure out how many miles you need and the cost of those trips and evaluate from there. If you only need 10K miles or so this might be an easy way to get close - especially if you can get the upgrade and work on the flight, not losing a day.

For me, I'm going to qualify EXP on segments this year, so I'm always on the lookout for segment runs, just in case my travel changes and I come close. A few years ago I got $39 segments.