A Year Free of Regis Businessworld Gold membership

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by FlyingBear, Aug 2, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. FlyingBear
    Original Member

FlyingBear Silver Member

Status Points:
    Not sure if it's targeted or for everyone with Premier Status, just got an email about this from United (I am merely a gold, so many should've gotten it).

The general link is this: http://www.regus.com/mileagepluspremier1 and then you plug in your United number.

sobore and uggboy like this.
  2. mht_flyer
    Original Member

mht_flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    I got this as well but already activated it via a freebie from TripIt Pro membership.

It seems like everyone is giving this away these days, They say it is a 600 dollar value... Seems ridiculous to me.

I can't seem to see any real value of this... Does anyone actually use it.. Other than getting a new gold card in the mail?

3. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    As a Businessworld Gold member you can now enjoy:
    • Unlimited, walk-in access to any of our 1200 global Business Lounges and cafés, with complimentary internet and refreshments.
    Does that mean I can walk into those business lounges, sit down, use the internet and refreshments, without paying a fee?​

MarkUK likes this.
  4. FlyingBear
    Original Member

FlyingBear Silver Member

Status Points:
    Appears to be so? One of these days I will sign up and find out. Some of my business travel would benefit from this if only the other people I am traveling with also had this membership. Free printing/copy/scan can be neat on the road too.

5. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    There's one in walking distance from my office. Since it's free, I might as well sign up, walk over one of these days over lunch and look around.

mht_flyer likes this.
  6. MarkUK
    Original Member

MarkUK Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    I use them if I am between meetings. They usually have somewhere you can make a coffee and use the internet. Some of them have PC's/Macs you can use. In London my experience is that they have 4-8 seats.

aptraveler and Wandering Aramean like this.
  7. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    Do they give you a code/password for the internet or is it just an open hotspot?

8. Phudnik
    Original Member

Phudnik Gold Member

Status Points:
    I worked out of a Regus center for six months, and the one I worked at had a password for wifi.

SC Flier and sobore like this.
  9. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Most I've been in have a password for the wifi.

This is a nice benefit to have but not one that I put a ton of value on. I've used it in various places over the years (free with Biz AmEx Plat, too) but never more than 3-4 times in a year, I don't think.

The facilities also vary significantly based on the location of the Regus office. I've had some where it was basically a private office. I've had others where you got dumped in to the coffee break room with a TV blaring and no means to control the volume.

mht_flyer likes this.
  10. tommy777
    Original Member

tommy777 Co-founder

Status Points:
    Yes.

In Chicago, my company is a full time tenant with Regus, we have been for 7 years now. Regus had a revamp earlier this year and last year converting all centers to include a business lounge. You get coffee and free internet and there's a lounge and also a desktop computer you can use.

It's adjacent to the lunch/break room with a full kitchen.

With the gold membership, you can also rent offices for a day, an hour and you can rent conference rooms, all at fairly decent rates.

I utilize the facilities on Michigan Avenue (there are a couple of centers there) every once in a while, but I also have private office time in my package.

Do I use it while traveling? Not very often, but I utilize it probably 6-10 times a year.

aptraveler likes this.
  11. Pat+
    Original Member

Pat+ Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've had this for a while (through TripIt Pro I think?)... Nice to have as a freebie but I would never not pay for it. I have (fast) Internet access through my cell phone (with tethering) and use VoIP for calls. If I need a faster connection, there's a lot of options outthere like Starbucks (although it's not always faster.) The one thing I need the most on the road is a *quiet* place to make calls, and as Wandering Aramean pointed out, Regus doesn't guarantee that. Also not all locations are convenient (it greatly varies depending on where you are...) and again I find it easier to find a Starbucks :)

Looks like the entire world is now becoming eligible for free memberships, so I'd expect usefulness to further decrease, but maybe I'm just pessimistic (or maybe no one uses their free memberships :p)

12. MarkUK
    Original Member

MarkUK Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    There is an App in iTunes which lets you locate the nearest office, its hours and facilities. I tend to use that if I find I need somewhere at short notice, or in a new town/city.

13. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Does is distinguish between the hours for real paid members and the Gold membership? I've had far too many tell me that an office was accessible 24x7 or late-night only to find that the Gold membership works when there is a receptionist on duty from 9-5. :mad:

TAHKUCT likes this.
  14. MarkUK
    Original Member

MarkUK Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    There is a seperate option to 'Find a Meeting Room' and that does show some in London as 24 hour access. I have not come across the restriction you mention. Next time I am at a centre, I'll check an answer with the staff.

15. TAHKUCT
    Original Member

TAHKUCT Gold Member

Status Points:
    and does not work on weekends for the same reason :mad:

16. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    I got a package via AA recently, I think, tossing it thinking it didn't have much value. I know there's some similar offering via my Amex Business Platinum. Never investigated. Probably missing out, don't even know where their locations are. Hmmm. I usually am more on the ball about these things.