A warm Sunday afternoon…

Discussion in 'Europe' started by NileGuide, Mar 7, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. …in Florence brought me to take out my camera and start taking some photos. I was beside myself with the weather and how I didn’t need my gloves to ride my bike into the center. I had a sudden urge to walk among the Sunday afternoon strollers to see what activities were going on.
    [​IMG]
    Ponte Vecchio on an angle
    The sun was shining and people were walking with their coats in tow. It was a blessing to have this weather on a day I wasn’t working. From the Ponte Vecchio, I turned to catch a glimpse of the sun’s reflection in the Arno.
    [​IMG]
    Spring is a-coming!
    My skin shivered when I noticed I had too many layers on. I need to de-robe and enjoy the sun as well, I thought. From either direction along the river, I noticed tourists and locals alike taking in the sun and snapping shots here and there.
    [​IMG]
    Warm days are coming back
    Nothing beats a warm Sunday afternoon strolling along the river with the sun at your back.
    [​IMG]
    Getting the perfect shot
    In Piazza della Repubblica, people enjoyed the musician playing cover songs while some just stretched out on the cobblestones and watched and breathed in the sun.
    [​IMG]
    Ahhh, what a day!
    Even the Carabinieri sported their tight Armani pants for the warm weather. Parked in front of Hugo Boss, they looked as if they were experiencing a rather light day of work.
    [​IMG]
    Carabinieri breaking out the stretchy pants. [​IMG]

Continue reading...

Bonnie and sobore like this.
  2. Bonnie
    Original Member

Bonnie Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks, NileGuide! Ever since my junior year in Firenze (many many years ago!), that is my favorite city. Appreciate you sharing a Sunday afternoon with us!