A warm Sunday afternoon…

Discussion in 'Europe' started by NileGuide, Mar 7, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. …in Florence brought me to take out my camera and start taking some photos. I was beside myself with the weather and how I didn’t need my gloves to ride my bike into the center. I had a sudden urge to walk among the Sunday afternoon strollers to see what activities were going on.
    Ponte Vecchio on an angle
    The sun was shining and people were walking with their coats in tow. It was a blessing to have this weather on a day I wasn’t working. From the Ponte Vecchio, I turned to catch a glimpse of the sun’s reflection in the Arno.
    Spring is a-coming!
    My skin shivered when I noticed I had too many layers on. I need to de-robe and enjoy the sun as well, I thought. From either direction along the river, I noticed tourists and locals alike taking in the sun and snapping shots here and there.
    Warm days are coming back
    Nothing beats a warm Sunday afternoon strolling along the river with the sun at your back.
    Getting the perfect shot
    In Piazza della Repubblica, people enjoyed the musician playing cover songs while some just stretched out on the cobblestones and watched and breathed in the sun.
    Ahhh, what a day!
    Even the Carabinieri sported their tight Armani pants for the warm weather. Parked in front of Hugo Boss, they looked as if they were experiencing a rather light day of work.
    Carabinieri breaking out the stretchy pants. [​IMG]

Continue reading...
    Bonnie and sobore like this.
  2. Bonnie
    Original Member

Bonnie Silver Member

Thanks, NileGuide! Ever since my junior year in Firenze (many many years ago!), that is my favorite city. Appreciate you sharing a Sunday afternoon with us!