A Visit Into Iran

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Nov 22, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Status Points:
    “Amricouri! Amricouri!” That was the yell across the terminal from the passport officer as I smilingly placed my passport on the passport control counter of the Shiraz airport in Iran. Everyone in the airport stared at the lone American (me) that had just flown in on the very late flight from Istanbul. It was 1:30AM and most people just wanted to clear immigration so they could get home or to their places for the night. The estimate is that only about 1,000 – 1,5000 Americans visit Iran each year, so it was surely a novelty to see one. One way to stand out! Another official came up to the counter and asked, “Farsi balideed?” It is amazing how well the language program drilled some of the core (tourist) words of Farsi into my head. I almost instinctively gave the Farsi reply that no, I only understand a little Farsi. But, fortunately my tongue was tied for a minute as it probably would have created more questions if I had answered that... The post A Visit Into Iran appeared first on Running with Miles.

Continue reading...