a Vayama booking (dodgy in the end)

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by jonspencer, Aug 18, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. jonspencer

jonspencer Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have used this site a couple times and it seemed uneventful

however on my recent booking for a JAL flight they billed me GBP 595 rather than USD 595, oops a 67% over-charge :eek:. I find their lack of accuracy borderline dishonest.

curious if any other MPers have experience with Vayama

unlikely I will be using them again soon

uggboy and redtailshark like this.
  2. jonspencer

jonspencer Silver Member

Status Points:
    I was displeased about this earlier

now I am furious after getting the below reply from Vayama:mad:

In regards to Vayama Trip Id: XXXXX, please note that the ticket shows that the ticket should have been processed in USD for the amount of $695.00, however, the amount was debited from customer account as soon as the airline submit the charge slip to their merchant bank. As there may have been a discrepancy with the airline charging in the wrong currency, we suggest clarifying with the airline first, however, if the airline asks you to request for correction through us, can you please provide the copy of the statement so we can forward it to the airline for further review?

the main reason I used Vayama was the JAL website was impossible to navigate

uggboy likes this.
  3. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Can you file a credit card dispute after the trip? Do you have documentation or a receipt at the time that it should have been US$ 595 ?

uggboy, jonspencer and bez7 like this.
  4. jonspencer

jonspencer Silver Member

Status Points:
    of course I have the booking confirmation from Vayama stating exact USD price

these credit card disputes are time-consuming, particularly in Hong Kong :eek:

I am just venting here to keep my frustration level low and see that other MPers avoid problems like mine

uggboy likes this.
  5. redtailshark

redtailshark Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yes, Vayama are notorious. I had issues with RGN Round 1 tix. The itin disappared and they obfuscated until I filed a US DoT formal complaint. That incentivized them to fix the problems and all of a sudden, every problem that was someone else's (SQs, ACs whomever) and untouchable, was corrected overnight with an apology. They won't be straight up unless compelled to be so.

If your ticket is covered by 399.88a, file with DoT and inform Vayama you have complained. I bet it is fixed pronto.

uggboy and jonspencer like this.
  6. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    We have never used them for our travels, now reading this it's unlikely that we will ever use them. Thanks for bringing your case to our attention and I hope that your case finds a fast / efficient resolution soon.

Blue Skye likes this.