A Unique Perspective on Delta’s SkyClub in Minneapolis – GUEST BLOG

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by rwoman, Aug 18, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    MSPeconomist and sobore like this.
  2. wombat18
    Original Member

wombat18 Silver Member

Status Points:
    "First, was the men’s room and I was a little disappointed. Being that I was on a red-eye and had a full day ahead of me, I was hoping that there would be showers at this location, but there were not."

I know there aren't many in domestic lounges, but given this is one of the flagship lounges for DL I have to wonder if this first-timer's observation is a valid one. Sure, showers are a bit more expensive to run but as this guy experienced, it'd sure be nice to have a shower after a red-eye!

MSPeconomist likes this.
  3. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Many of us, including the nice MSP lounge dragons, feel the same way: it was a mistake not to install showers during the renovation, although in DL's defense it should be pointed out that the renovations left the lavatories untouched.

4. mattsteg
    Original Member

mattsteg Gold Member

Status Points:
    Showers would have been nice, but I guess if there's one airport I'm least likely to want a shower in it's probably my home one. Doesn't make it any less of a bad idea not to install them.

MSPeconomist likes this.
  5. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    I could envision using the shower before a TATL evening departure, especially if I must go to the airport directly from my office.

mersk862 likes this.
  6. mersk862
    Original Member

mersk862 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Likewise, there were times returning off a redeye in which I would have gone straight into the office, but wanted to detour home for a quick shower first.

MSPeconomist likes this.
  7. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    I haven't had that pleasure in a very long time, and the last time I remember doing this it was after some tornadoes in Texas, so that my anticipated return at 9 pm became 7 am. Not fun at all; a shower would have helped, but not much.