A transfer totals section tab

Discussion in 'AwardWallet' started by SFOPeter, Feb 8, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. SFOPeter
    Original Member

SFOPeter Silver Member

Status Points:
    I LOVE AwardWallet. Especially the iGoogle Gadget and the recently updated UI. Thank you AwardWallet!

Wanted to suggest a feature to everyone & see what people thought. I have been thinking it would be useful to have an AwardWallet tab for Transfer Totals between programs. So for example, if you have points on BA 100K, SPG 23K, Amex MR 40K, AA 30K, it would list:

BA 168,000
    (100,000 BA + 23,000 SPG + 5,000 SPG Transfer Bonus + 40,000 Amex MR)

AA 58,000
    (30,000 AA + 23,000 SPG + 5,000 SPG Transfer Bonus)

It would be a great way of keeping track of what potential awards you could redeem, and then also would be great to have a link to the awards chart for each program. I think sometimes even regulars would be surprised about how points can be transfered around.

PS: It could even total up UA + CO in advance of the merger of the programs. :)

SFOPeter

Exiled in Express and sendaiben like this.
  2. rajuabju
    Original Member

rajuabju Gold Member

Status Points:
    That would be so hard since bonus point awards change so frequently, especially for AMEX MR's.

for sure its an interesting idea though. as long as its off the main page and on its own tab, i like it in concept, not sure how easy it would be to implement and maintain up to date.

3. schnitzel
    Original Member

schnitzel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yeah - pretty complicated, partially because a lot depends on promos, and partially because there are so many other rules in there (no more than 80K SPG in a day, for example, or needing to actually ride on Amtrak to be able to effect a transfer).

Also - you seriously like the new UI? I really, really hate it. The only reason I'm sticking with it is that they promise to rework it.

4. SFOPeter
    Original Member

SFOPeter Silver Member

Status Points:
    There aren't that many active promotions for the main transfer cards such as Amex and SPG... for example on Amex right now there is only a BA bonus as far as I can tell.

@Schnitzel - I too disliked the new UI for about a week, and now I actually really like it.

peter

schnitzel likes this.
  5. schnitzel
    Original Member

schnitzel Gold Member

Status Points:
    I guess I am liking it more and more, but that's partially because they're (slowly) fixing it. Adding the button to update to the top of the screen is a HUGE improvement, albeit a trivial one to implement.