A Thank You to United Employees on this day of days

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by davef139, Mar 3, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. davef139

davef139 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Dear United Employees,

After a grueling day of travel, I want to make sure you know my greatfulness and appreciation I have for all of the work that was done today. I saw first hand the frustration of employees trying to do tasks that would have normally taken no time at all. I spent about 3hours flying and 4 with some sort of UA rep getting help or waiting to be helped.
    Today I was helped 3 different times for rebookings, all the agents were friendly and willing to help, with one even eager to help as she was trying to learn the tricks of the system, even when it took 20min to rebook me on a protected flight and shares crashing people were still friendly.
    With all of the people I have met today and seeing a truly merged airline with people from both sides working together today truly makes me happy to be a United flier and shareholder.
    -Dave

I really hope Jeff shows his appreciation and gratefulness for all of the frontline employees that had to put up with today and the upcoming few days. I would also hope other MP'ers here will also show appreciation as I know people flew today and will be throughout the weekend.
    I know I shall remember merger day March 3rd for a while

Flyer1976, ella, knvinvest and 17 others like this.
  2. bungalow1225

bungalow1225 Active Member

Status Points:
    Well-said Davef139. I experienced fewer delays than you did, sounds like, traveling from ORD, but I too was thinking about the stress and difficulty not only of using the system with its unfamiliar features and not-yet-working pieces, but also dealing with pax who aren't FFs, who don't know or care what the issues are and what options they have available for getting through their travel day without frustration.

In the end, for me it's all about safety and if the plane operates correctly and the crews are trained and attentive, I can hardly complain. I got home in one piece and even a little early, and for that I am appreciative as a customer.

Mr. Silver Springer and bonnerbl like this.
  3. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    I couldn't agree more. And I think that I really was seeing that in most cases. I visited four stations between 4pm Friday and 10:30am Saturday: JFK, PHX, CLE and LGA. In all of them I saw sCO and sUA employees working together to get things done and to make the experience as good as possible for the customers. Maybe it was because I was also giving them all chocolates along the way, but they seemed to be happy and excited.
    For me it will be forever. I had a great day.

4. Canadi>n
    Original Member

Canadi>n Gold Member

Status Points:
    As I have expressed in other threads, totally agree. Big thumbs up to Shannon and her team, and to those front line staff at airports and res centres.

5. Mr. Silver Springer

Mr. Silver Springer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Same here - GREAT, But hard start......

6. Mackieman
    Original Member

Mackieman Gold Member

Status Points:
    Indeed; I had to call in yesterday as I had some reservations for an international trip leaving in a couple of days that had entire segments completely dropped, and the agent (who was sUA) was fantastic and utilized the sCO staff present in her call center to take care of my issues. It could not have possibly been better.

7. sfogate
    Original Member

sfogate Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks to everyone for their understanding and patience while we changed systems. Our UA co-workers are trying hard to master this new, to them, computer system and we, sCO, are standing side-by-side to help them every step of the way. Sure some things weren't quite working yesterday but we did our best to make the issues as small as we could for our customers. Each day will be better than the last one. :)

bk3day, bmg42000, Flyer1976 and 9 others like this.
  8. canucklehead
    Original Member

canucklehead Gold Member

Status Points:
    UA seems to have a full force of employees today and I commend them for their continued professionalism! You can tell that they have been building up to this moment and while not everything may be perfect, they are doing their best to manage the system! As one staff said to me "Its getting better!" and I believe it is!

9. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Four days post-PSS ORD seems to be running just fine alebit some unwillingness from agents to do anything out of ordinary themselves.