A suggestion for those cutting out travel due to security hassles...

Discussion in 'Travel Security' started by mikeef, May 9, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. mikeef
    Original Member

mikeef Silver Member

Status Points:
    Here's a chance to at least try to be part of the solution.

For those of you who have cut back on travel or eliminated it altogether due to security hassles, please take 30 seconds and send a quick email to your airline that you would have flown. Let them know that they lost revenue because of the airport experience. No, your one email probably won't make a difference. Nor will two, or ten or twenty. But if you pass this idea along and get increasing amounts of people to let their airlines know your displeasure, we have a fighting chance.

Personally, I believe that the airlines themselves are the best hope of getting any sort of reform. The media has rolled over and played dead and, with the exception of a few Congresscritters, everyone in government is too afraid to point out that not only does the emperor have no clothes on but that he is also p*ssing all over us.

Look at it this way: the worst that happens is you waste 30 seconds of your time, or about the amount of time that it takes the ID screener to bluelight your license. But we need the airlines to be fighting for us behind the scenes. If we give them a reason to do so, maybe they'll step it up.

Mike

jmrich1432, N965VJ and gobluetwo like this.
  2. Captain Oveur
    Original Member

Captain Oveur Gold Member

Status Points:
    Completely agree with the OP. I would add on a couple of other notes:

1. Make the letter concise, as brief as possible.
    2. Do not come off like a nutjob, don't insult screeners personally or call them losers or whatever. Vent your anger at the system, not individuals.
    3. I would also suggest sending a copy to your home airport manager. Because if you don't fly, they lose revenue through landing fees, other taxes and concession-stand revenue.

jmrich1432 and N965VJ like this.
  3. FetePerfection
    Original Member

FetePerfection Silver Member

Status Points:
    Completely agree and add one more - DL seems to send a "how did we do" survey practically every time I fly. Lately I've been responding but also adding my own little missive in the comments section about why I have drastically cut my travel budget and will continue to do so until the airlines become our partners in the fight against the terror that is TSA.

N965VJ likes this.
  4. gobluetwo
    Original Member

gobluetwo Silver Member

Status Points:
    I always complete the UAL Survey post-travel and include my thoughts about airport "security" and the TSA.

N965VJ likes this.