A stupid multi-city award booking question

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by autolycus, Feb 4, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. autolycus

autolycus Gold Member

Status Points:
    OK, this is probably a really stupid question, but I am banging my head against my desk trying to figure out an award booking (business/first). I am looking to do a TATL open jaw ATL-EU1-(open jaw)-EU2-ATL. Using one-way and roundtrip for ATL-EU1 nonstop. Since EU2 is not serviced by Atlanta, I have to do EU2-AMS/CDG-ATL, and there is good availability on the flight EU2 to either hub, and depending on the day availability is showing AMS-ATL and/or CDG-ATL on DL and in some cases on AF or KLM from their respective hubs to ATL.

What I'm having trouble with is getting my preferred flights using the multi-city search to actually book the itinerary. I had it to the pricing page earlier but I got interrupted, and the session timed out. I swear I had gotten all the flights I wanted using multi-city search and with the results being shown based on price rather than schedule. BUT... now every time I try to do a search, I keep being given a different set of results and with them listed by schedule rather than price. Still some availability being shown, but not on the desired flights, even though one-way and rountrip searches are not showing any reduction in availability on those flights.

So the stupid question: Is there a way to get the award booking engine to display multi-city searches by price, or was that some weird fluke that it did that before?

What's really annoying me is this: In the multi-city results, the AF/KLM flights to ATL are showing with a "Select" button for economy and business, but are say "Not available" above the button. In the one-way and roundtrip searches, they're are showing as available and the engine will let me select them and get to the pricing page with no issues at all.

Any thoughts? Thankfully I can always just book the DL flights if necessary, but the AF/KLM flights have a bit better times, and I was hoping to try out one of their long-haul products. I admit though that the flat bed 767 might over-ride that anyway... And the trip is for December, so there is a very high chance that even a 767-300ER will be updated by then. The A330 AMS-ATL, probably not.

2. mtkeller
    Original Member

mtkeller Silver Member

Status Points:
    There is a bit of a quirk that can sometimes get multi-city to show you flights by price. Do a search, and then click the start again. This will take you to the page where you enter your routing, but neither schedule nor price will be selected. Leave them both unselected and proceed to do your search.

autolycus likes this.
  3. autolycus

autolycus Gold Member

Status Points:
    Aha! That did the trick! How strange. Thanks for the tip. I was going crazy trying to get it to show that version.