A strange story with Chase and BA

Discussion in 'British Airways | Executive Club' started by noel, Apr 11, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. noel
    Original Member

noel Silver Member

Status Points:
    So, I'm getting ready to apply for the epic 100k BA card, but some strange happenings have me a little worried.

Some backstory:

I'm living with my parents right now (yay...) and my mom and dad both applied and were approved for the BA cards with 50k bonus back in January. Neither of them had BA Executive Club memberships and opted to have new accounts automatically created when they applied.

The trouble started when my dad noticed an account had not been created for him and a few weeks later, I logged in to my AwardWallet account and saw I had a over 51,500 new miles in my BA account.

My dad has been trying to get the miles posted back to his account for weeks now, but I still have them. He has talked to both Chase and BA and last he heard, some committee is reviewing a request to transfer miles.

Apparently, somehow, when Chase was reviewing my dad's application, they saw that an account already existed at the address he used. And even though we have different names and the only similarity was our address, they decided to link his credit card with my BA account.

Now, we're a few months later, and I am wanting to apply for the BA 100k, but I don't want to be declined due to having already received a credit card bonus. BA and Chase don't seem to be in any hurry to fix this situation.

I'm wondering what I should do. Apply and see what happens? Wait to see if BA and Chase figure it out before the end of the deal? Apply under a different address and a new BA account?

Thanks for any suggestions. I just don't want to miss out on this deal.

cordray2643 likes this.
  2. deant
    Original Member

deant Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    I would assume that you would not have an issue. Your application would be based on a different social security number so there is no tie. I would not put any Executive Club number on the application and see if a new one is opened. If one is, it should be easy to combine the accounts. If they put the miles in your existing account, all is OK.

3. noel
    Original Member

noel Silver Member

Status Points:
    That sounds good. Thanks.