A question for thr throbbing brain

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by Photonerd71, Dec 9, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Photonerd71

Photonerd71 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Question for whoever can/will answer.

I am going to use some of my FF miles to fly my dad on for a visit in the spring, I am a silver elite, I want to know if he will get to use my bennies while traveling on a ticket I got using my FF number and miles. (free checked bag and early boarding are my main question). Thanx

2. 2wheels

2wheels Silver Member

Status Points:
    No. He will use his own status.

3. Photonerd71

Status Points:
    Ok thnx. Guess I'll just have to get the ticket and try to snag an exit row for him before the rules change.

4. Cuse44
    Original Member

Cuse44 Silver Member

Status Points:
    If you are booking with your CO miles, then Yes, he will get your benefits if traveling on CO. There is a glitch currently that allows the traveler to receive the benefits of the account from which the miles were debited. UA Insider has acknowledged this exists and claims they aren't in any rush to fix this.

5. Photonerd71

Status Points:
    Ok I like this. Guess I'll just book it and tell hime to look at thr boarding pass close. But who knows but the time April gets here he might have to donate a kidney and change his will for a free bag. ;)

6. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    While this is pretty reliable on CO metal it is less so if partners are involved.

Cuse44 likes this.
  7. Cuse44
    Original Member

Cuse44 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Ahh, forgot that caveat. Updated my original post.

8. Black Cloud
    Original Member

Black Cloud Gold Member

Status Points:
    Completely off-topic -- Cuse44, how much are you loving this year's BBall team? I'm so happy Fab finally figured out how to run.

9. Cuse44
    Original Member

Cuse44 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am absolutely loving this year's team. Fab looked so awkward on the floor last year. Now he is a real defensive/rebounding threat. Now, only if his offensive skills could improve....

Black Cloud likes this.
  10. jupper
    Original Member

jupper Silver Member

Status Points:
    Do note that some airport security might be insisting on seeing the elite credentials. It happened to a ticket I booked from AMS for a friend last year, the gate security (AMS-IAH) really asked him for his *G card... Was interesting...