A Proper Response from AA CR

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by Mike Reed, Aug 20, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Mike Reed

Mike Reed Gold Member

Status Points:
    Short version: My CLT-DFW flight on Sunday was mis-catered on the prior night's DFW-CLT leg and no breakfasts were loaded for the return flight. I'd planned on having breakfast on this flight (since my upgrade had cleared 5 days prior), so I hadn't eaten or purchased anything in the terminal. The notice that the meal wasn't available was less than five minutes from boarding. I went back into the terminal, got an appropriate bring-on-board breakfast, then boarded the flight. Of course I missed boarding with the F/EXP group, but still got there in time to use the "red lane" while Group 1 was boarding. I still sat in F, the forward flight attendant served the warm nuts that were catered and poured an excellent coffee & Bailey's.

I did, however, write to AA CR to let them know about this mis-cater, if only to allow them to follow up with their catering staff.

Things of note:
    • I didn't threaten never to fly American again
    • I didn't ask for any compensation of any kind
    • I did ask for a reply to my message using the web form
    Here's the reply I received and I consider it perfectly adequate:

All too often you see "What am I owed?" threads posted. I suppose, perhaps, I could have attempted to submit my ~$6 breakfast receipt and ask for a voucher. In the scheme of things it seems rather petty, though. I simply wanted to post this here to show what a normal, non-emotional complaint/response looked like in case anyone has forgotten amongst the "I demand 100,000 miles!!!" chatter. :)

In the end, I got what I wanted - recognition of a problem and an expectation that they'll work to resolve it. That's all I should really ask for.

2. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    Agree with the desire to get a response and for the airline to address the problems/issues that arise versus compensation.

In some cases, I think compensation can be appropriate, but certainly not all of the time. :)

3. Aktchi
    Original Member

Aktchi Silver Member

Status Points:
    Do you mean to tell us that you blew this opportunity to inform the pax and employees, those in the terminal and in the aircraft, the AA CS, the past and future CEOs, FAA, DOT, the Congress, the White House, and the communities at Twitter, Facebook and YouTube, that this is why AA is in bankruptcy? :D

Mike Reed likes this.
  4. Mike Reed

Mike Reed Gold Member

Status Points:

Once it was clear they Didn't Know Who I Was (and of course that I'm a Milepoint Member and BoardingArea Blogger!) I figured I was working with crew they'd already borrowed from US. :cool:

I figured the chances of them actually running to the grocery store and cooking eggs to order for me on the flight wasn't going to happen at that point...

Aktchi likes this.