*A partners going into PPT (and on to BOB)

Discussion in 'Star Alliance' started by pnoeric, Dec 26, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. pnoeric

pnoeric Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hi, I'm trying to piece together a trip using my UA/CO miles to get to Bora Bora...

I will be departing from AKL or a major city in Australia. I know NZ flies AKL-PPT twice a week (as a codeshare on Air Tahiti Nui), but only on Monday & Friday. I'd like to get there on Thursday.

So 2 questions:

1. On the NZ site, I see NZ 4082 that flies AKL-PPT on Sunday and Thursday, but it appears to be a codeshare with Air Tahiti Nui. I called CO res and they said they don't show it as available to book as an award ticket. Is that because there's no availability, or is it just not available as a *A award?

2. Do I have any other *A partner options to fly AKL-PPT? Or should I start exploring my Australia to PPT options? ;-)

2. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    NZ40 AKL-PPT twice-weekly is the only Star Alliance service to French Polynesia.

Not a Star partner, but Hawaiian serves HNL-PPT once-weekly on Saturdays IIRC.

There really are no other Star options.

Air Tahiti Nui does have most of the lift in/out of PPT. LAN flies from Easter Island. Air France from Los Angeles. Not a whole lot going on there.

The only airline serving Bora Bora is the domestic AIr Tahiti (VT... not the international AIr Tahiti Nui or TN).

3. Theweeklyflyer
    Original Member

Theweeklyflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    One of the lowest mile redemption options is the 90k Korean SkyPass redemption on Air France. Here is the detail on how to book this award.

Other options include:
    • Air France from LAX to PPT - Business Class option only requires 90k miles with Korean SkyPass. Alternatively 120k with Air France or 150k with Delta Skymiles.
    • Hawaiian Airlines HNL to PPT - Business Class option only requires 60k miles with Korean SkyPass. Must originate and end flight in Hawaiito get this award price.
    • LAN Airlines SCL to PPT - Business Class option requires 100k miles on British Airways and redeemed on LAN Airlines. Must originate and end flight in South America to get this award price.
    • Air New Zealand from AKL to PPT - Business Class option requires 50k United miles

eddie and SC Flier like this.