A particularly noteworthy "how things have changed" photo

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by kansaskeith, Dec 7, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. kansaskeith

kansaskeith Gold Member

Status Points:
    I know, I know. Old nostalgic "those were the days" air travel pictures are a dime a dozen. Still, this one today, from "Vintage Airliners" on "Facebook" -- of a "stewardess" up front on a UA 747-100 in the early 1970s -- has a whole host of things that have changed. From furniture and fixtures to cabin layout to bare-legged women on a major carrier's staff. Not even the same ballpark as air travel today. (And, before someone else says this, yes, with far higher average fares in costant dollars.)

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/s480x480/487124_472770582775583_369260850_n.jpg

2. FlyingBear
    Original Member

FlyingBear Silver Member

Status Points:
    I think in that last part you just admitted that you are not comparing same things after all :)

Kalboz likes this.
  3. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Looks bizarre. Did people back then think this was cool, luxurious and comfortable? What were they smoking?

FlyingBear likes this.
  4. estnet
    Original Member

estnet Gold Member

Status Points:
    The free cigarettes they used to give out on board - which cuts the oxygen flow to your brain;)

FlyingBear and Kalboz like this.