A New Sponsored Kiva Fellow?

Discussion in 'Kiva | Loans That Change Lives' started by Dreamworks, Jun 20, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Dreamworks

Dreamworks Gold Member

Status Points:
    Let me be clear, that there's no replacing Devon. She was and will always be the first. And I'll just come out and say it. The best Fellow we've ever sponsored. But now that she's back on terra firma and airconditioning hava, do we want to think about sponsoring a fellow in an upcoming class?

I remember us talking about miles for them and that sort of went nowhere I'm guessing. But maybe we could talk about this?

D.Fisher, nime01, misman and 3 others like this.
  2. canucklehead
    Original Member

canucklehead Gold Member

Status Points:
    Not nothing....some discussions have been going on on several fronts. Davef139 has spoken with Jacob about sponsorship and helping the Fellow classes. You and he should discuss taking this on. For the KFs who underwent training earlier this month, I was able to locate a really good hotel rate which Jacob was following up on.

I think what worked best with Devon was that she had a connection with the team! As one of the Do organizers and our first contact with Kiva, she was a natural pick for us.

One consideration re: selecting Fellows Jacob had mentioned is, if you had 30 possibilities, how do you pick a favorite?

This is not to say I am not in favor of adopting a fellow. Frankly, I would adopt all the fellows if I could! (and Jacob has asked if it would be possible to help Fellows get to the training in SF. Most are in the US, so it is max 25K for a flight. The difficulty in the time element of booking).

nime01, misman, Dreamworks and 3 others like this.
  3. misman
    Original Member

misman Gold Member

Status Points:
    That is one of the goals of the mutual fund. Of course, that part of the fund has only $425 in it...

nime01, MissBurrill, tondoleo and 3 others like this.
  4. Dreamworks

Dreamworks Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think that number would go up if we had a person to actually raise money for.

YULtide, canucklehead, nime01 and 2 others like this.
  5. nime01
    Original Member

nime01 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Is there any way we could have an application/voting process for selecting a sponsored fellowship?