A new promotion for next year

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by Rosalia, Dec 20, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Rosalia

Rosalia Silver Member

Status Points:
    Make your travel even more rewarding with this exclusive unlimited points offer from 7 January 2013 until 30 April 2013.

Here’s How:
    Register, Stay 15 nights and Get 20,000 bonus points.
    Your exclusive elite offer:
    Earn an additional 5,000 bonus points for every 5 more nights you stay!

As an elite member, you earn bonus points for the travel you have to do. With this exclusive offer, you can earn even more. With over 4,500 hotels worldwide, your possibilities are endless. Get started now and register!

Code : 3416

2. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    I wonder if these will qualify as status points under the new rules.

It used to be so simple with IHG... :)

KathInJax and uggboy like this.
  3. tarheelblue
    Original Member

tarheelblue Silver Member

Status Points:
    For those new to Priority Club promotions, this appears to be a variation on the usual quarterly "Stay X nights, earn Y points." There are other codes out there that will allow you to earn less points for fewer stays, which may be more attainable for some people, so you may want to check around for the other codes.

And be aware that past promotions of this type have been non-combinable (you can't sign up for more than one Stay X, earn Y, although they do stack with other promotions), and once you've made a selection, it can not be changed. So instead of racing to sign up, you may want to wait until just before your first stay, as you may have a better idea by that time how many nights you can expect to earn during the run of the promotion.

4. tarheelblue
    Original Member

tarheelblue Silver Member

Status Points:
    Unfortunately, the new rules would seem to indicate not (emphasis added):

"Base points earned from Qualifying Rates paid for hotel stays, points collected from partner transactions, PCR Bonus Points Packages and Meeting Rewards are considered Elite Qualifying Points and counted towards membership elite status....All other point earning transactions, including promotional points, points vouchers, points purchase, points transfers, and points deposits, will be considered Non-Elite Qualifying Points and will not be counted towards elite status."

daninstl likes this.
  5. daninstl

daninstl Gold Member

Status Points:
    I guess times change. I should qualify for platinum on stays and non bonus points this year but since it will weed out the pedestrian travelers that will cut down on the number of platinums. Downside is I doubt the benefits for being platinum will get better. Heck half the HIXs I stay at don't acknowledge or even seem to know how important I am :)

6. From priority club connect:

http://community.priorityclub.com/t5/Promotions/Stay-5-nights-get-10-000-bonus-points/m-p/27209

Stay 5 nights get 10,000 bonus points
    Options
    01-03-2013 07:04 AM
    Got this in email last week.

Register, Stay 5 nights and Get 10,000 bonus points.
    Your exclusive elite offer:
    Earn an additional 5,000 bonus points for every 5 more nights you stay!

This offer is good from January 7, 2013, through April 30, 2013.The promotion code for this offer is 3414 if you are interested.

CescoAiel likes this.
  7. foxberg

foxberg Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm glad that I qualified for the Platinum throughout the end of 2014 on January 1st!

8. CescoAiel

CescoAiel Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yeah... New rules suck... :(

guinnessxyz likes this.