A new low for the UA 1k line

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by estnet, Dec 22, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. estnet
    Original Member

estnet Gold Member

Status Points:
    While trying to book a first class award on Lufthansa at one point the rep totally lost it and SNARLED " well you could just call them directly and book a business class ticket from them!" Adding to the reps that don't know the difference between first and business, but the first one to actually refuse to even try to help!

I guess it was too much work for him to look at a few different routings to see if they had opened up award space!

2. Jenny & Curt
    Original Member

Jenny & Curt Gold Member

Status Points:
    I know there's no excuse for rudeness, but I have found it really helps the reps (and therefore you) if you have already checked to see if award space is open before calling. No use burning the rep's good will over something you are able to do yourself, especially when you may need his forbearance later in the conversation.

Counsellor, zphelj and UA191 like this.
  3. Seacarl
    Original Member

Seacarl Gold Member

Status Points:
    Sure glad that UA has taken proactive steps like blocking showing SQ availability to make sure that we can't help the reps by doing the legwork ourselves.

adambadam likes this.
  4. estnet
    Original Member

estnet Gold Member

Status Points:
    the problem is that I only call when I can't check myself. For example there's lots of phantom Lufthansa awardspace that shows up online but isn't really available.
    This is the reason that I need to speak to a representative ( who I try to avoid talking to whenever I can do anything myself)