A little holidAAy nostalgia. . .

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by kansaskeith, Dec 10, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. kansaskeith

kansaskeith Gold Member

Status Points:
    I suppose AAdvantage-ites may not receive one of these this year because of the financial situation (though I wonder how much the costs are). But we should recall that AA pretty much raised the online email graphics bar with its video Christmas card in 2009. And, it came back with a decent sequel in 2010.

Made some members smile in the midst of daily batches of boring text mail, and got some generally good press for it, too. Despite the occasional jab about not using the "C" word, etc.

We'll have to wait a few days to know about 2011, but fully realizing this year might be different, I got nostalgic tonight and looked up the holiday greetings e-mails from '09 and '10.

Here they are if anybody else cares to reminisce:

2009 (the one that raised the bar): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Vl5jcbF4Uc&feature=related
    2010 (the sequel): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3x4wjHpdsuw

And, oh yeah, Merry Christmas, AA. It's tough times for y'all, but you've been quite good to me this year.

zpaul and TheBeerHunter like this.
  2. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    I'd actually be a bit sad if there was no AA holiday message this year. I enjoyed the others.

zpaul likes this.
  3. kansaskeith

kansaskeith Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yeah, me too. But we're now late on the 15th, which I believe is later than we've gone before, so it just might be the sad case that none in coming. Hyatt's arrived this morning (never as good, IMHO) and my memory (subject to error) is that AA's usually came first.

zpaul likes this.
  4. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Looks like AA has sent out this year's holiday card..... and it's recycled from 2009.

LINK.

I suppose if you're going to recycle a holiday card it might as well be a good one!

zpaul and mowogo like this.
  5. mowogo
    Original Member

mowogo Gold Member

Status Points:
    A good one that is recycled is much more enjoyable than a bad one that is created just because someone realized a few days ago they didn't have one to send out.

zpaul likes this.
  6. kansaskeith

kansaskeith Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes, a good recycle indeed.

Did you catch a subtle change they made?

'365 fresh days' in the year ahead was changed to '366.' Ha!

mowogo and zpaul like this.