A Hotel For Plants? Now We've Heard It All

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by uggboy, Jul 28, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    A Hotel For Plants? Now We've Heard It All:)

[​IMG]
    We suppose we should have seen this coming. After all, if you can book a massage for your dog, and make use of pet loyalty programs, then it's really no surprise that a shopping mall in Madrid is now offering a hotel for plants.
    Hotel Para Plantas, which had exceeded its bandwidth limit when we tried to visit its site, is located inside the Isla Azul shopping center, located off the M-40 highway. Not too far away is the Egido Via Lusitana, with rates starting at €46. So even if you prefer to ride with your cacti on the airplane, you can at least have separate sleeping quarters once you land in Madrid.

Joking aside, the concept is a good one—for plant-loving Madrileños who travel too much to properly tend to their beloved flora, the Hotel Para Plantas is seriously convenient. Springwise reports:
    "From 1st July to 31st August, travelers who are concerned about the welfare of their plants can take them to Hotel Para Plantas, a designated floor at Isla Azul where they will be looked after by a team professional botanists. All 'guests' are given personal treatments tailored to suit their needs, including water, light, pruning, spraying and irrigation."​

Wonder if the Hotel Para Plantas has any plans for a rooftop pool? As far as functionality goes, it seems like a practical idea...

http://www.hotelchatter.com/story/2...els/A_Hotel_For_Plants_Now_We_ve_Heard_It_All

2. SC Flier
    Original Member

SC Flier Gold Member

Status Points:
    I don't think that it's clear from the article that this is a free service!

uggboy likes this.
  3. montacute
    Original Member

montacute Silver Member

Status Points:
    I wish I could find a hotel in the DC area that would do this! I'd happily pay to avoid returning home to plant carnage I had after one trip years ago. I had set up automatic watering spikes, but it was winter and so plants wound up under mildew attack!

uggboy likes this.
  4. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Do not think this so-called plant hotel is free! Wonder what the cost is per night for plants! LOL!;)

5. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    A great service when needed, but it is in Madrid!;) Maybe they go worldwide too! Demand, not too sure so!;)

6. SC Flier
    Original Member

SC Flier Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://www.springwise.com/retail/hotelparaplantas/

A couple of months ago we saw SNCF embracing the brand butler trend by offering creches for the children of daily commuters. Now the Isla Azul shopping center in Madrid have proved they understand “serving is the new selling” with their free full-board hotel service for plants, providing love and attention while owners are on vacation.​

The concept is the brainchild of experiential marketing agency Ogilvy Action. From 1st July to 31st August, travelers who are concerned about the welfare of their plants can take them to Hotel Para Plantas, a designated floor at Isla Azul where they will be looked after by a team professional botanists​

uggboy likes this.
  7. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Let's only hope that human guests in real hotels get better serivce than plants!;)

Thanks for this insights, but it is only limited until 31st of August and it was the brainchild of Ogilvy, an AD Agency! At first I thought this would be year-round and always available! Thanks SC Flier, excellent as always!:)

SC Flier likes this.
  8. SC Flier
    Original Member

SC Flier Gold Member

Status Points:
    The first thing that came to my mind when I read that in the article was the Ogilvie Home Perm. (Not the same company.)