A great news of using Delta Miles

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by troyliu, Jan 9, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. troyliu
    Original Member

troyliu Silver Member

Status Points:
    Most people already knew that Staralliance and oneworld have uniform award booking code(O, I, X) and(Z, U,X) for all airlines, but nearly all Skyteam's carriers use their own code for award except DL,AF,KL and KQ. Most agents don't even have a clue what class they should be looking for when booking awards on partners

This will be improved very soon, I don't have firm date for all partners, but effective Jan 16th, Korean airline business award booking code will be changed from D to O and economy will be changed from U to X. They also informed me change is mandatory for all Skyteam carriers.

at least there are some improvements.

2. MalcoveMagnesia
    Original Member

MalcoveMagnesia Silver Member

Status Points:
    The flip side of this (that I can think of) is that I expect SkyTeam will bring Delta's detestable three-tier award charts across all the partners, as all the class buckets will match; so there will be even fewer "low tier" awards available on SkyTeam partners going forward.

3. mtkeller
    Original Member

mtkeller Silver Member

Status Points:
    My understanding is that DL doesn't actually use different booking classes for their three tiers, so I don't see how them renaming the buckets to O and X to align with the other ST carriers will lead to three tier pricing on the partners. One would think that AF/KL would have already done it if they were going to follow DL's lead.

daemon14 likes this.
  4. daemon14

daemon14 Gold Member

Status Points:
    In OW and *A, partners are only available at Saver/Low levels. I doubt this would be different with ST.

My main hope is that KE will be bookable/searchable online!

5. secretsea18
    Original Member

secretsea18 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Same with Skyteam partners. You can only book the award ticket if there is low availability with the partner.

rwoman likes this.
  6. ben
    Original Member

ben Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have a KE award that was changed on Jan 17 to booking class O.