A Good Redemption...Finally :)

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by mo26, Dec 23, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. mo26

mo26 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've found myself with about 650k HHonors points, plus my two Citi certificates that were set to expire at the end of the January. I'm also currently a Diamond member, though i'm letting that lapse since i've fallen out of love with Hilton this year. For those reasons, I thought it was finally time to burn some points!

My first redemption wasn't particularly valuable; but I was able to use my certificates, and 200k points for 2 rooms for 3 nights at the La Quinta over in PSP for a little golf at the end of January.

However, this latest redemption might be one of the better values i've found yet in post-devaluation HHonors land (or really anywhere!)....I wanted to take a little getaway this weekend and found a room at the Hilton Bentley on South Beach for 80k points a night (thank you category 9)...I went ahead and booked it anyway, seeing as though the room rate was $1300 a night! Not a bad redemption at all...

- MO

2. dhammer53
    Original Member

dhammer53 Gold Member

Status Points:
    We loved La Quinta. Stayed here on the Priceline $25 eror rate about 6 - 7 years ago. As a Gold, we got an upgrade to a casita.

mo26 likes this.
  3. mo26

mo26 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Great to hear. i'm excited to check it out!

4. WhiteDesert

WhiteDesert Silver Member

Status Points:
    Please report back with your experience at the Bentley.

mo26 likes this.