A funny thing happened during my visit to the Depot

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by TravelBear, Dec 11, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. TravelBear

TravelBear Gold Member

Status Points:
    Standing in line with some stuff to buy the woman in front of me, I notice, hands the cashier a variable load card and asks for $100 to be put on it. Cashier rings her up, she hands him a non-point earning cc (yeah I could tell) and I wondered, is this gonna go through? Well, it wouldn't go through. I let them stand there trying a few times thinking maybe the cashier would override or something. He was just befuddled. I leaned in and told the woman that variable gift cards are not purchasable with cc but that fixed value ones were. She had the cashier remove the gift card and voila, the purchase went through.

Funny that not too long ago I would have had NO idea what the issue was but now I was able to be helpful and move things along. I was reeeeeally hoping that the purchase would have gone through for obvious reasons, but it didn't.

2. harrismargaret9

harrismargaret9 New Member

Status Points:
    He he that's really funny. :)

3. free101girl
    Original Member

free101girl Silver Member

Status Points:
    I was really confuzzled for a minute, wondering A) why you were planning to buy the woman and B) what stuff you were going to use to buy her!?! :confused:

I get it now! :D

4. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    OD people have no clue, the other day the Mgr, told me HIGC may soon be cash only, told him did not think so, we had to spend the money, and could not convert it to cash,

Either way it has been nice, he know I pay my Lowe's LAR account with the card, and we do purchase items at the store,.
    Funny how they get to know your habits
    Got one of them on the WN Card, and the are on their way to the CP,

IND to SEA for $2.50 did it...for them..

5. TravelBear

TravelBear Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yeah. I kinda got that same idea after I read it AFtER I posted it but I figure MPers are smart.

anileze, dstober, bobsgt and 3 others like this.
  6. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Smart.. Yes... But was she on sale?

7. timfrost

timfrost Silver Member

Status Points:
    They sell everything else... ;)

dstober likes this.