A First Timer’s Thoughts On Emirates First Class

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Aug 25, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

As I mentioned previously, I'm currently on a trip with one of my best friends, Matt. We're planning the trip day-by-day, which means I'll be writing the trip report more or less live. Matt will be sharing his thoughts as we go along as well, so this is the first of his installments. *** Greetings from Dubai. Ben wanted me to share my thoughts about Emirates A380 first class with you. That's a little shocking after my champagne post, but I assume he's just being nice. Or maybe he just wanted me to leave him alone for a few minutes on the trip. Probably both. This was my first time flying Emirates and also my first time flying the A380. Those of you that have seen any of Ben's previous reports on Emirates know that it's the blingy-ist airline in the sky. Ben has been telling me for years that I had to fly Emirates. I basically hadn't -- according to him -- lived until around noon on Saturday when I boarded the plane. (Or maybe it wasn't until they opened the 2005 Dom once we were in the air?) Going into the flight, I wasn't really sure what to expect. I generally trust Ben's judgment on all things travel-related, though, so I figured I had to do it. I have obviously read Ben's reviews of Emirates. I mean, we all know that the first class cabin looks like #richkidsofinstagram on crack. My initial impression was basically the painted nails emoji and the tongue-out emoji with one eye squinting. The suites themselves are not huge, but they're certainly more than large enough. There is more (high gloss) wood in the first cabin than in every gentleman's club in London combined. But it's actually less over the top in person than it looks in pictures, if that makes any sense. The post A First Timer’s Thoughts On Emirates First Class appeared first on One Mile at a Time.

Continue reading...