A dumb question

Discussion in 'Newbies' started by Photonerd71, Dec 26, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Photonerd71

Photonerd71 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Ok, I think I know the answer but just wanted to make sure.

I just booked a vacation to SDQ in Feb using FF miles. Now in order to shoehorn my trip into a date range (my travel times are flexible but only to a point) I had to make the return t via San Juan instead of direct to MIA. That's not the issue (though I will have to overnight in MIA before my flight back home to IAH)....my question is will I clear immigration and customs in San Juan and the flight into MIA just be like every other domestic flight? Or will I have to clear C&I again?

Would have preferred to just to IAH-MIA-SDQ and back direct but, in order to use miles sacrifices had to be made. (at least I'll get to use my shinny new Citi Black card and visit the Admirals club :)

2. harvson3

harvson3 Silver Member

Status Points:
    SDU has the standard immigration and customs procedures like all other US airports. You'll have to reclaim and recheck your baggage. Enjoy the vacation and the "Welcome home."

EDIT: Right, SJU. Similar abbreviation, different continent.

Mikel likes this.
  3. Photonerd71

Status Points:
    I assume you mean SJU (I've been to SDQ about 4 times so I know the drill there). Good part..carry on. Only need a few pairs of shorts and t-shirts for beach sitting:)

harvson3 likes this.
  4. Photonerd71

Status Points:
    But thanks for the reply.