A Doubletree in Hilo, Hawaii

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by HiIslands, May 14, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. HiIslands
    Original Member

HiIslands Silver Member

Status Points:
    The Hilo Naniloa Hotel will be re-branded as a Doubletree by Hilton later this year. The hotel, which overlooks Hilo Bay, will include conference facilities as well as a restaurant and an entertainment venue.

The hotel has been undergoing extensive renovations and a further $16 million in remodeling is expected this year. The 383 room hotel will remain open during the renovations but will be down-sized to 325 rooms.

Source: Pacific Business News

2. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Nice to have a hotel in Hilo that will count towards status and give elite benefits. So many people overlook Hilo on the big island and it is really a great place to spend a couple of days.

HiIslands likes this.
  3. HiIslands
    Original Member

HiIslands Silver Member

Status Points:
    I agree! Hilo's got some good restaurants, an interesting farmer's market and is a good jumping off point for a visit to Volcanoes National Park. A drive north, up the Hamakua coast takes you to Akaka Falls and the Hawaii Tropical Botanical Garden.

marcwint55 likes this.
  4. dayone
    Original Member

dayone Silver Member

Status Points:
    This hotel in Hilo offers more of a local/town feel than a tropical feel. A nice addition.

marcwint55 and HiIslands like this.
  5. Dublin_rfk

Dublin_rfk Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'll have to try it. Been using the Hilo Hawaiian (on the other side of Uncle Billy's) for a few years. The best I could say was it was in Hilo (were I needed to be) and was inexpensive.