A Day in Sofia, Bulgaria

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Aug 24, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

The train crawled through the darkness as it approached into the main train station in Sofia. All of the passengers seemed to disembark the train into the cold morning air as though commuting to work... ...and there I was in the middle of a crowded station at 6:30 in the morning. No one spoke English when I attempted to ask for information; and all of the signs used Cyrillic characters. What the heck was I doing here, anyway? Everything seemed so cold and foreign to me — a feeling I rarely ever experience... ...but that was momentary, as the trepidation gave way to curiosity. I looked at a map and saw I was north of the central part of Sofia; but I could not tell the distances. No problem — I will just walk down the main street until I see a bus coming and just catch one at a bus stop to take me to the city center. The sun was starting to rise as I approached an interesting building approximately 30 minutes or so later: it was written on a sign that the building is the... The post A Day in Sofia, Bulgaria appeared first on The Gate.

Continue reading...