A Conversation with American Airlines AAdvantage?

Discussion in 'Feedback/Support/Suggestions' started by LIH Prem, May 4, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. LIH Prem
    Original Member

LIH Prem Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thank you very much for the 8,000+ various blog posts, milepoint posts, tweets, (Gary, I don't think you've tweeted about this enough yet) youtube videos, etc that I've gotten for this, but please clue me in as to where I'm supposed to go to participate in this? There is no url information on the milepoint event page that actually says where to go for this event.

Now. I know I am a self-proclaimed "freaking idiot" but come on folks, even if it's that page, why doesn't it say there to return here at 7pm mountain time for the event?

Just saying ....

-David

2. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    I was looking around MP earlier today with the same question and after not finding anything, I decided that it must be the big black area (that almost reminds me of a theater) on the right hand side of the page announcing it.

I'm wondering whether there will be an icon on my home page when this does go live tonight to remind me that it's time.

3. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think my guess above about the black box is right, but the page it was on looks different. I found the link in a thread that was created a few minutes ago, so if you look at the listing of newly posted threads on your home page, it should be obvious. It was the latest thread and occupied the top position a few minutes ago. Let's hope it stays on the newest list for the next several hours or becomes trending very quickly tonight.

LIH Prem likes this.
  4. LIH Prem
    Original Member

LIH Prem Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes, it's the same widgets which are embedded in the other page. I'm pretty sure both will work.

Just saying ... next time they can make that clear up front.

Thanks,
    -David

5. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    It's starting. My computer is making funny noises.

6. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
  7. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Something I noticed that I'll post here to report in hopes of one of the tech people in HOM catching it if it matters:

Throughout the live chat, my live events page (the cover it live homepage one with the green background) showed the following to the right side:

Live Now! There are no active events

Upcoming: Conversation with AA....

It appeared this way even after the live chat had concluded.

A bit earlier, the past test chat showed as it should have.

Also, I tried to submit two comments during the live chat. The first went through instantly but the second never finished transmitting by the end. The timer hung there after I clicked submit. I suspect the server was overloaded at that point. Both were a bit more than halfway through, when the topic of rollover status miles was brought up.

8. Tim
    Original Member

Tim Admin

Status Points:
    Thanks for the feedback on this, it sounds like we need to work on communicating the location of the event a bit better next time. The intended location for the chat to be participated in was at:

http://milepoint.com/forums/pages/events/

Thanks.

9. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    That one was my guess, but someone supplied the link for the CoverItLive page and I used that. It seemed slightly larger there than on the link you supplied above.

ADDED: I got the link I used earlier, but it seems to be the same as the one gleff gives in this thread. I'm not sure who posted it or where I found it on MP. It's now showing the AA live chat as completed and the transcript seems to be there.