A collection of Star Alliance transatlantic routes

Discussion in 'Wandering Aramean Travel Tools' started by Wandering Aramean, Mar 11, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Seems to me that, in the interest of being able to more easily find awards, having a listing of all the long-haul routes, by alliance and region, would be useful. And I haven’t ever found a good collection of them so I decided to start building one. Shocking, right??
    I’m sure you’ll also be shocked to learn that I started with Star Alliance and the transatlantic (TATL) routes. I’m defining TATL in this context as between North America and Europe. I know there are more flights than just these but I’m going to have a series of posts in the coming days breaking it down and adding to the collection. And I had to start somewhere. So here it is.
    There are, by my count,
    173 route/carrier combinations across the North Atlantic Ocean operated by one of the thirteen Star Alliance members with at least one flight in the regions. Some are seasonal but, if you’re looking for seats, this is probably a good place to start.
    Putting them all on a single map is actually pretty useless, other than just to show how massive the coverage footprint is:
    [​IMG]
    To make it slightly more useful here’s a collection of maps split up by carrier. Still sortof sloppy in some cases, but better.
    Air Canada

[​IMG]
    Lufthansa

[​IMG]
    Air New Zealand, Austrian, LOT

[​IMG]
    Singapore Air, TAP Air Portugal, Turkish Airlines, Brussels Airlines

[​IMG]
    US Airways

[​IMG]
    United Airlines

[​IMG]
    Swiss, SAS

[​IMG]
    And, if you prefer the data in a less graphical format, it is also available in a table format here.
    If you can see any I’ve missed let me know and I’ll update the tables.
    Unique North American Gateways:

• ATL
    • BOS
    • CLT
    • DEN
    • DFW
    • DTW
    • EWR
    • IAD
    • IAH
    • JFK
    • LAX