A Canadian credit card points question

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Credit Cards' started by Pstcrik, Aug 10, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Pstcrik

Pstcrik Active Member

Status Points:
    I collect points through my Royal Bank Visa Avion card. About once a year I see British Airways who have a similar card under their name (Visa Avious ?) put out a notice that if Royal Bank Visa Avion card users transfer 25,000 points to a British Airways account they can fly to Europe or at least London. This normally would cost at least 50,000 points so it would be a great deal. Just wondering if any others have done this and how you go about opening up a British Airways point account ? I guess. Any help appreciated.

chrislacey likes this.
  2. chrislacey
    Original Member

chrislacey Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Welcome to MilePoint, Pstcrik! Unfortunately I'm not familiar with Canadian credit cards...but I was able to find a (no longer active) promotion on the British Airways site that offered a 50% bonus. From the sounds of it, maybe there was a 100% bonus at some point? I can't seem to find any current promotions. Here's the link to the old promotion: http://www.britishairways.com/travel/avion50/public/en_ca

Sunshine7 likes this.
  3. Stephan

Stephan Silver Member

Status Points:
    Pstcrik
    RBC has a twice yearly bonus promo where you can exchange your RBC Avion points for BA Avios FF program points for a 50% bonus ie: transfer 10000 RBC Avion points to BA Avios and receive 15000. Simple. Sometimes they also will offer a 25% bonus on transfers to the AA plan points. the other good option is to get the RBC BA Visa and collect the BA Avios points directly.
    cheers
    Stefan

chrislacey likes this.
  4. Pstcrik

Pstcrik Active Member

Status Points:
    Many thanks for your effort and yes you are correct with the website you found. They put on that special every so often so I will just have to wait till it happens again. It is quite a bonus.

chrislacey likes this.