*A award RTW in C or a few *A award tickets

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by kziel, Nov 28, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. kziel

kziel Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm looking at doing a RTW trip on MP miles in C with proposed stops in SYD, SIN, HKG, NRT/HND, and FRA.
    For a RTW trip I have a general idea of the routing, but in my very brief playing around with Aeroplan, I haven't had too much luck.
    The ANA tool will only let me search for ANA awards, the * awards button is grayed out and does nothing and UA does starnet blocking, so Aeroplan has been my only option.
    Being that I have enough miles for MP RTW, and basically not a mile more, would it be fewer miles to do it as RTW or as oj/so trips?

2. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    As for the ANA Tool... You can do the work-around by logging in...search for an ANA market say LAX-HND... Then you go down to the bottom and see Search Star Alliance Member Airlines then presto...you now can search all of Star Alliance...

That is what I do... As for your proposed itinerary... since you have 5 stopovers and a Star Alliance Round The World in C costs 260K so I'd research the costs associated for say USA-SYD//SYD-SIN//SIN-HKG//HKG-NRT//NRT-FRA//FRA-USA which I have done for you (67.5K//45K//22.5K//20K//60K//50K) so a UACO RTW 260K or doing them separately will be 265,000 in which instance it'd be cheaper to do the UACO RTW Option UNLESS you want to splurge for some F on the trip...

Jimgotkp likes this.
  3. kziel

kziel Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm thinking some first class segments might work their way in there.

Flyer1976 likes this.