A $20K Botswana Safari – Worth Every Penny

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Jul 8, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Status Points:

Like many people, I suppose, we have always dreamt of a trip to Africa. To see all those animals, in the wild, not cages, would be fantastic! The things that made such a trip seem out of reach were safety, the complexity of planning such a trip and the expense. Well, we thought, maybe someday… Hearing of the sudden deaths of a couple of friends not much older than we are, and a health scare of our own just a few years ago, made us ask ourselves: … what are we waiting for? ~seeitall

And so begins part 1 of seeitall’s outstanding 5-part report of he and his wife’s trip to three separate and unique safari camps in Botswana.

What a trip report it is. In my opinion an almost perfect blend of textual description, amazing photos, and detailed information about the planning that went into the trip and the accounting of expenses after all was said and done. Over $20K in all, but worth every penny in seeitall’s estimation.

Would I spend $20K on a trip like this? At a different point in my life, sure.

What about you? Would you spend $20K on a safari trip to Africa?

Hold off on answering that question until after you have read seeitall’s report.

Image: “On Lion’s Pond” by Steve Jurvetson. CC BY 2.0.

The post A $20K Botswana Safari – Worth Every Penny appeared first on ThreadTripping.

The post A $20K Botswana Safari – Worth Every Penny appeared first on BoardingArea.

Continue reading...