9w-SQ- *A

Discussion in 'Other Airlines | India' started by excelsior, Jun 21, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. excelsior
    Original Member

excelsior Silver Member

Status Points:
    9W has opened Phase 1 discussions with SQ for the latter to mentor it into *A So Skyteam is not a given!

2. A2A

A2A Silver Member

Status Points:
    I heard since the past few weeks about the 9W with Star Alliance bit and happy if that goes through. However, SQ and 9W are not even on talking terms, so I wonder where did SQ take it upto itself to become the mentor of 9W. For instance, if you travelling 9W, you can't interline with SQ. have to buy separate tickets!!

3. excelsior
    Original Member

excelsior Silver Member

Status Points:
    I know, it surprised me too. but apparently the interlining problem does not reflect bad corporate relatiosn but something else, there is something on TOBB about that?
    .. I can only assume this is the beginning of a rapprochement, which would be nice. Brussels was to mentor 9W and then suddenly ti was SQ!

4. A2A

A2A Silver Member

Status Points:
    What is TOBB?

As for mentoring, umm, I am not sure if Brussels has the weight to mentor someone else. And LH, its parent, already has its hands full with AI ;)

5. excelsior
    Original Member

excelsior Silver Member

Status Points:
    The mentoring process is not in itself complex now, quite a well worn path Brussels could do it with its parent's help but LH has its hands full, as you say so hence perhaps SQ?

TOBB the other bulletin board :)

6. Aditya Vyas
    Original Member

Aditya Vyas Silver Member

Status Points: