90% off at HotelandResortcard.com featuring Hilton Worldwide

Discussion in 'Deal Page | Air/Hotel' started by Kalboz, Nov 3, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points:
    Did you get this email from restaurant.com? http://specials.restaurant.com/deal/national/mpi-90-off-hotelandresortcardcom?utm_source=Specials by Restaurant.com&utm_medium=MerchantAPI&utm_campaign=Specials by Restaurant.com_1982512&prti=5090&et_cid=23661701&et_rid=616864076&u=255494805

How legit is this offer? Rates are not inflated if you follow the link?

Anyone tried to book using this offer?

About Again, danielwood and uggboy like this.
  2. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    At least from my perspective this offer sounds "too good" to be true. 90% off! Really? I do seriously wonder which WA or Conrad would accept these off vouchers / cards.

About Again, danielwood and Kalboz like this.
  3. traveltoomuch

traveltoomuch Silver Member

Status Points:
    Interesting find.

The important T&C bit is: "Each room rate has an "allowable discount," so you may not be able to use the full amount of your voucher on some rooms".

I did a spot check for tomorrow night in Orlando. While their rates seem to match up with the "best available" rates, the discounts seem to be capped at $15-25/night. So this is just a modest discount (15% or so), rather than an outright credit of the whole $100 against your room rate, and that's only off of "best available" rates - it cannot be combined with other discounts like AAA or senior rates. And you're not booking through Hilton directly, so I'm not sure if these rates would earn points or get HHonors perks.

I'm no longer interested.

Spot-checking their rates:

Screen Shot 2014-11-03 at 3.11.55 PM.png

Hilton's rates:
    Screen Shot 2014-11-03 at 3.12.42 PM.png Screen Shot 2014-11-03 at 3.13.24 PM.png Screen Shot 2014-11-03 at 3.13.45 PM.png

So, again, while the rates (mostly) line up, the max discounts on these properties (or these rates at these properties) are $20, $25, and $25.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2014
  4. estnet
    Original Member

estnet Gold Member

Status Points:
    I also did some spot checking and found tne same thing, small allowable discount. I checked some places in SE Asia. Not worth the hassle plus uncertainty about benefits for me

Kalboz and traveltoomuch like this.
  5. daninstl

daninstl Gold Member

Status Points:
    This is sort of like http://www.myhotelgiftcard.com where many places like mycokerewards almost gives away $50 or $100 gift cards but they are hard to redeem and usually don't allow you to use them for many dates, limits, etc.

I just checked out the hotelandresortcard deals for an upcoming stay in Paris. They quoted me a $1,600 suite for 3 days on the Conrad Paris and I can use the card but the maximum I can apply from the card is $173 toward this stay, not the 90% off they promise.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2014
    Kalboz and traveltoomuch like this.
  6. traveltoomuch

traveltoomuch Silver Member

Status Points:
    Additionally, all of the rates I'm seeing show a 72 hour cancellation policy, which is probably worse than you'll usually get booking direct.

daninstl and Kalboz like this.
  7. marcwdebeer

marcwdebeer Active Member

Status Points:

Kalboz and daninstl like this.
  8. nothappy

nothappy New Member

Status Points:
    I purchased this.:( Looked up a location I was to be traveling. I checked w/AAA discount on regular site and saving the $30 the HotelandResortCard seemed like a good deal. Ended up saving me $18.72 (although I was suppose to get a $30 credit; but they did not give me the full credit indicated). They charged my credit card for the full amount at booking. (no indication on their website that the charges were immediate) They did allow a cancellation within 72 hours and was still unsure of my plans at booking so since there was no problem in refunding my amount charged (as it was within the 72 hour cancellation timeframe) I foolishly now realize this was to good to be true. I checked my cc statement for the refund & see it was refunded but not for the full amount charged. They shorted me $25.00!!! There is no where on their site that says there was any fee! I have contacted them this am via email as there is no phone contact number to speak with a person.

Restaurant.com still has these on their website. My advice is do not purchase from HotelandResortCard without knowing all of the rules and regulations.

:) UPDATE: Since posting this morning regarding my experiences. I have had responses from someone at HotelandResortCard and another email from their supervisor indicating that they would be refunding the $25.00 fee in 4-6 weeks.

I wanted to update this site to let all know that they were willing to listen to problems/complaints and deserve a kutos in doing so. I appreciate their efforts in making me a satisified customer.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2014
    traveltoomuch and Kalboz like this.
  9. nothappy

nothappy New Member

Status Points:
    It's 90% off the price of the e-cards NOT off the price of the hotel room.

10. nothappy

nothappy New Member

Status Points:
    Not only that but they charge a $25.00 cancellation fee trying to elude that the hotel charges it. Called the hotel and they DO NOT charge a fee and Hilton was not familiar with hotelandresortcard.com.

UPDATE: Since posting this morning regarding my experiences. I have had responses from someone at HotelandResortCard and another email from their supervisor indicating that they would be refunding the $25.00 fee in 4-6 weeks.

I wanted to update this site to let all know that they were willing to listen to problems/complaints and deserve a kutos in doing so. I appreciate their efforts in making me a satisified customer.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2014
    Kalboz likes this.
  11. Michelle Leo

Michelle Leo New Member

Status Points:
    Don't believe this for a second!! It's a major rip-off. You get a $500 credit, not a gift card!! That credit is applied ONLY as a very small and minor "discount" on booking the hotel. But the "discount" is not REAL!! You can book direct through the hotel and pay WAY LESS!!
    DO NOT BUY THIS!!

Kalboz and uggboy like this.
  12. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Ditto +1 :)

Kalboz likes this.