90 day credit app rule?

Discussion in 'Newbies' started by crimson, Jun 15, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. crimson

crimson Active Member

Status Points:
    It's been about 70 days from my last round of credit card applications. There's a card I currently want to go for so I might as well do an app o rama.

Are my chances good right now for getting approved? My scores are in the 750s.

Thanks!

2. gconnery

gconnery Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm not sure its an exact science. I think everybody tries to stick with the 91 day rule cuz it works for most people. You still get refused by some people (like Barclay's) if you have too many recent credit inquiries. You may still have trouble getting some cards (I had trouble with Chase on a Business Southwest recently, but two calls to the reconsideration line got it through). But it mostly works. Even then people suggest other rules--18+ months for AA Citi churns for example. Anyway, I try to stick with it in general.

That said when there was a great offer available, sometimes I went for it. And in most cases it worked out just fine. Would I do an early AOR? I probably wouldn't but hey, YMMV.

3. JellyFish

JellyFish New Member

Status Points:
    Should be able to, but people get screwed over so often in the U.S. I think the whole credit system is damaged.