90,000 Citibank Thank You Points

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by slotownmomma, Oct 30, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. slotownmomma
    Original Member

slotownmomma Silver Member

Status Points:
    I thought I'd post this idea since I haven't seen it anywhere yet.

Here's are two great Citibank offers you can combine to get 90,000 Thank You Points.

Here's what to do:

1. Apply for the Citi Thank You Premier Card which gives you 50,000 bonus points after a $2,500 minimum spend. Annual fee is waived

LINK: https://creditcards.citi.com/credit-...-premier-card/

2. Then Apply for the Citibank Citigold Account which is now offering 40,000 ThankYou Points, redeemable for $400 in gift cards, if you open by 10/31/2011.

LINK: http://track.linkoffers.net/a.aspx?f...rel="nofollow"

I haven't done this myself because I can't figure out a way to do the direct deposit on the checking account. My husband has his paycheck deposit to our credit union account and I'm sure doesn't want to change it. This is my hobby and I'm on my own with these deals. If anyone knows how to do direct deposits without having it come from your employer, I'd love that tip.

Anyway, I thought of this combination that other day and just thought I'd put it out there for others to benefit. Easy deal! Makes for some great travel $$$
    Note: if you sign up through the checking acct. link I'll get a small commission. Not with the credit card link though. Thank you for using the link, if you do go for this deal.

Good luck!

Slotownmomma
    http://www.milesmomma.com

2. mrpickles
    Original Member

mrpickles Silver Member

Status Points:
    Have your husbands payroll department add an addional direct deposit for a set amount of $10.00 per pay perion go to the joint account at Citibank. The original direct deposit will stay for the net amount to the original checking account. I use ADP Payroll and they can set up to 9 direct deposit accounts per employee per pay period. Good luck.

3. MLW20
    Original Member

MLW20 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Nice blog!

Michael
    http://michaelwtravels.blogspot.com/

4. aitchly
    Original Member

aitchly Silver Member

Status Points:
    But mrpickles, can you get CitiBank to adjust your 23,500 mile promo to this one? Or better yet, apply for a second account.

5. sagefemme52
    Original Member

sagefemme52 Silver Member

Status Points:
    T&C state: for new checking accounts only. I called Citi to see when I last had a checking account with them. The CSR did say that somewhere around 2+ years, old accounts get dropped out of their system. I'll still have to wait a little while it looks like:(

6. FlashBack
    Original Member

FlashBack Silver Member

Status Points:
    Citi will count ING/PayPal/ACH push transfers as direct deposits.

hulagrrl210 and yaychemistry like this.
  7. cotter77
    Original Member

cotter77 Silver Member

Status Points:
    just got denied on the citi premier TY card for too many inquiries
    been through this with chase - not a prob. you call, you talk to reconsideration dept and reasonable justification for your inquiries satisfies assuming you have a clean CR and score.
    any citi specific advice on handling them?
    seems a bit ridiculous they send a letter and tell you to reapply with a new (changed credit report, assuming you did something to change it or challenge an inaccuracy).
    Citi seems completey absurd. I wrote a reconsideration letter based on FTG did but was wondering if anyone else has experience with CITI? advice?

8. WideOpenSpaces

WideOpenSpaces Silver Member

Status Points:
    Keep in mind, the CitiGold account (required for 40,000 points) has very high balance requirements to avoid the $30 monthly fee.

• $50,000 for all linked deposit or retirement accounts​
    OR
    • $100,000 in all linked deposit, retirement, credit, or investment accounts, excluding a first mortgage with Citibank​
    OR
    • $250,000, including linked Citibank mortgage​

9. RestlessLocationSyndrome
    Original Member

RestlessLocationSyndrome Silver Member

Status Points:
    So I haven't seen anyone post about this but I believe that the Citi TY Premier card provides additional points for actual miles flown when the ticket is paid for with this card. Is this literally a 1 point per mile flown earnings opportunity or is there some kind of ratio in which you earn x points for every y miles flown?

In addition, how would this work on an award ticket where you can still charge the taxes and fuel surcharges on award tickets to the credit card?

10. arkleseizure
    Original Member

arkleseizure Silver Member

Status Points:
    I noticed that language in my recent Premier app, but not a whole lot of detail on how the flight miles work. In the old Citi card with flight miles (the name escapes me), I believe you had to match TY points earned on CC spend to the flight miles in order to use them (so, if you flew 40k miles, you would have to earn 40k points in order to spend the full allotment; if you only earned 5k through spending you could only use 5k of the flight miles).

You have posted interesting questions...the answers to which will greatly impact my opinion of the card!