9 foreign countries where you can use U.S. dollars

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by sobore, Jul 3, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/trave...untries-where-you-can-use-us-dollars/2484391/

There are many great pleasures of the globe-trotting life, but dealing with pesky Travelex lines is not one of them. Sick of exchange rates, transaction fees, and coming home with pockets filled with useless coins? Here are foreign destinations where you can pay with U.S. dollars, from the sunny and subtropical to the still-undiscovered.

Read More: http://www.usatoday.com/story/trave...untries-where-you-can-use-us-dollars/2484391/

2. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    We have also used US Dollars in Beirut, it's much more convenient, in fact they wanted nothing else, there own currency is printed in Switzerland and not accepted anywhere else as far as I know. So, I guess, Lebanon should be also on this list.

Espan, jbcarioca, sobore and 2 others like this.
  3. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:

they forgot to mention Cuba where people love US dollars, although it is not legal for a US citizen to use them there.

Espan, anileze, jbcarioca and 3 others like this.
  4. loyaltypointsUK

loyaltypointsUK Member

Status Points:
    Vietnam - pay for hotel rooms (rates given in USD) tours, even restaurants - though local dong needed for shop

Cambodia - USD for everything

5. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    Zimbabwe
    Zambia
    Namibia
    Somalia
    and lots more.
    That is not to mention Liberia, where the US Dollar is official legal tender and has been so for many years.

Espan, anileze and uggboy like this.
  6. anileze

anileze Gold Member

Status Points:
    Sloppy Sloppy - El Salvador's currency is USD :)

Espan and jbcarioca like this.
  7. StevenGerrard

StevenGerrard Silver Member

Status Points:
    Now this days currency exchange is not a big deal in max countries, and US dollar is not a big deal to use or exchange in any county.

Espan likes this.
  8. Muerl
    Original Member

Muerl Gold Member

Status Points:
    The craziest thing in cambodia was that the ATMs gave USD. It was also the only place I have gotten c notes from an ATM. Also, it made me love Bangor Savings all the more for covering all of the $5 ATM fees.

Only time I had reils was when something was labled as being $.50 and I gave them a $1

Espan likes this.