9 easy ways to make a flight attendant go insane

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by sobore, Feb 17, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://www.cnngo.com/bangkok/visit/9-easy-ways-make-flight-attendant-go-insane-609432

I've been working for a well-known commercial airline in Asia for a few years now. On a good day, it’s a five-star hotel in Shanghai, shopping in Paris or winning a game of roulette in Las Vegas. On a bad one, it’s emergency landings, 12-hour long delays and an endless stream of obnoxious/annoying passengers.

Don’t let our svelte figures, exquisitely tailored uniforms and perfect smiles fool you. You do not want to get on the bad side of the person who serves you food, brings you drinks and keeps you safe when you’re stuck in a tin can flying at 35,000 feet.

2. Cosmos Human
    Original Member

Cosmos Human Silver Member

Status Points:
    Being a FA is probably something I could not do. My patience becomes pretty thin dealing with idiots.

tw116 and JetSet like this.
  3. JetSet
    Original Member

JetSet Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have nothing but respect for FAs - I know I couldn't last a day doing what they do.

4. Captain Oveur
    Original Member

Captain Oveur Gold Member

Status Points:
    Call them stewardesses.

Make that 10 things.

5. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    That is exactly why everytime I board I give the FAs a couple of bags of goodies to tide them over during their coffee breaks on the long hauls. I have seen them in action in the bad times... they deserve respect.

tw116 likes this.
  6. tw116
    Original Member

tw116 Gold Member

Status Points:
    aren't you a thoughtful passenger! i feel bad it has never even crossed my mind. i so appreciate what fa's do. i just never thought of bringing them something.

7. PTravel
    Original Member

PTravel Silver Member

Status Points:
    I saw the article yesterday. It's just a list of things that any FF would just consider common sense. What was interesting were some of the comments -- hostile kettles! (Can we say, "kettles"?)/