9 Best Airline Club Lounges

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by sobore, Jan 6, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://www.thedailymeal.com/9-best-airline-club-lounges-slideshow

Elite travelers know the key to traveling is all about discovering — and better yet, enjoying — the best airline club lounges. Particularly before long international flights, a top-notch airline club experience can set the tone for the trip and make one feel relaxed before a long voyage.

The Daily Meal has comprised a list of the top nine airline club lounges around the world, chosen from the top five- and four star-rated airlines on SKYTRAX Air Travel Ratings & Reviews. The list is ranked based on the top amenities, including food and drink, as well as the design and structural innovation.

Interestingly enough, two of our top nine airport lounges can be found at Sydney Airport in Australia, including the brand-new Singapore Airlines SilverKris Lounge in Sydney (it is the first of its kind to be rolled out). The lounge was designed to evoke a feeling of home for weary travelers and includes work spaces (known as productivity pods) and sleeping stations. For those hungry folks swinging by the club, it also offers a variety of signature dishes from Singapore such as the spicy noodle soup laksa and mee siam, another noodle dish of rice noodles in a light, sweet and sour gravy.

Other international clubs, such at Qatar Airways Premium Terminal in Doha International Airport, are beyond impressive. It’s all about rest and relaxation for this airline, as its club offers private relaxation rooms and a full-service Elemis spa complete with a Jacuzzi and sauna.

Read More: http://www.thedailymeal.com/9-best-airline-club-lounges-slideshow

2. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for posting, sobore! It will be interesting to see if Milepointers have any additions/changes to this list.

Laptop Nomad likes this.
  3. Bay Pisco Shark
    Original Member

Bay Pisco Shark Gold Member

Status Points:
    This is a joke, right? I've never been in a lounge @ IAH, but really ... famous for the complimentary bloody marys with vodka from below the lowest shelf and 2000mg sodium a serving bottled mix, along with those packaged snacks in the picture? No HKG CX lounges made the list? The LH Senator lounges are better than the domestic US lounges listed.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2014
    violist, ryeguy, iolaire and 4 others like this.
  4. ryeguy

ryeguy Silver Member

Status Points:
    Complementary cocktails and the breakfast bar with mini muffins at the United Club?
    A Kids Kamp and IBM computers hooked up to the internet at the Admirals Club?
    Is this dude high? :rolleyes:

5. Sammich

Sammich Gold Member

Status Points:
    They should include AMEX lounges in this list :)

Newscience, Laptop Nomad and ryeguy like this.
  6. Sammich

Sammich Gold Member

Status Points:
    Even the CX lounge at YVR tops some of the lounges in the list....

Newscience and Laptop Nomad like this.
  7. jonspencer

jonspencer Silver Member

Status Points:
    whoever wrote this piece needs to get out more, much more

8. Mapsmith
    Original Member

Mapsmith Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have been in exactly two lounges in my life. Both seemed better than the ones they listed (although the Turkish one intrigues me). The pictures make the lounges seem like empty restaurants, and diners at that.

What makes each different. Is there a lounge anywhere in the United States where I can't get a bloody mary?
    One of the lounges that I have been in is the Board Room in Anchorage. Better than the pics shown.

9. Laptop Nomad

Laptop Nomad Silver Member

Status Points:
    I guess the concorde room for BA does not count. I have been to the United club in IAH it is a run of the mill club. No club in HK. No Emirates lounges. You're right this is a joke.

violist, Sammich and Newscience like this.
  10. Bill Hunt

Bill Hunt Silver Member

Status Points:
    The UA Club at IAH is nice, but... I am not sure that I would have put it on this list.

I actually like the UA Intl. First Lounge at SFO better, but maybe that is just me, or there have just not been some things that others have needed, while I have not?

Now, if we could just get the old UA Intl. First Lounge at LHR back. Heck, I'd take just their wine list. The Star Alliance Lounge in T1 is pretty bleak.