9,000 UR Points Never Posted

Discussion in 'Other Credit Card Programs' started by merice107, Feb 26, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. merice107

merice107 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I figured I'd share one of my recent experiences:

I made four purchases in January. +$500 at shouebuy.com for 10x, ~$150 at Famous Footware at 7x, and then two Sears.com purchases for $150 each at 10x. I was anxiously awaiting the 9000 UR points to post but never did. I made sure to not do it on my Mac at home because I know sometimes there are problems. I was super extra careful to make sure I clicked through the right screens because I knew how many points I could earn.

I sent multiple secure messages. All I got was "you will receive a response in x days." Finally i did receive a response and said my purchases were not elegible because I did not click through the screen or I did not use the card... Pardon my French but B&%$ S*#@! :mad:

I called and politely explained the situation to the lady. She was very nice and sent in a report to find about the points. She also gave me 5000 inconvenience points for my troubles. She said I would receive a letter or email with the solution to the problem. I never did.

So I called today and again got a very nice lady who was able to find the answer. 2400 points posted for famous footware. The shoebuy.com was not eligible because I received a discount on them. After the purchase I got the shoes price matched for $12 cheaper. That's my only guess why. I have no clue about sears.

Either way, she gave me an additional 2500 inconvenience points (add that to the 5000 and 2400 and I am basically where I should have been). I was hoping it was going to be easier to get those points. But at least I got them.

Maybe I am just cynical but I find it convenient that I make multiple purchases through the UR mall for $40 here, $75 there for a couple points in bonuses. But when I get a big purchase for 10x, it magically doesn't post.

I am getting fired up just typing this thing :cool:

perryplatypus and MX like this.
  2. boondr

boondr Gold Member

Status Points:
    The shoebuy thing is correct, the T&C for the UR mall say any modifications to an order after the fact make the transaction intelligible for bonus points.

Did you use a Chase card?

LETTERBOY likes this.
  3. Jimgotkp
    Original Member

Jimgotkp Gold Member

Status Points:
    I never knew that you're not eligible for UR points if you got a discount on the items... Used the UR portal to do a Sears purchase which included an online coupon and Rewards my Way discount, but never received an e-mail confirming the use of the UR portal. So, I called the CSR line and told the CSR that I didn't receive any confirmation or points for the 5x bonus. He then asked me how much I spent and gave me 5x that amount..

4. merice107

merice107 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yes I did. I guess next time ill let the points post and then do the price match after.

boondr likes this.
  5. boondr

boondr Gold Member

Status Points:
    The discount policies varies by retailer, but if you use any method of changing an order with the majority of retailers, after the original click through, the systems essentially treat it as a voided original click through, and new unassociated transaction. Chase awarding points after a request completely depends on the CSR.

merice107 likes this.