8 Places Where You Shouldn't Travel Alone

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by sobore, Jul 16, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://www.budgettravel.com/feature/travel-advice-best-places-to-book-travel-tours,12661/

The words "group travel" can conjure up visions of busloads of tourists roaring past sites, checking off a strict itinerary. But not all group tours are created equal. More importantly, there are some places where you'd be at a distinct disadvantage without a guide. Each of the destinations on our list comes with its own charm—and it's own set of challenges. In these places a guide can help with everything from navigating a complicated bureaucracy to sidestepping common scams to getting your point across in a foreign language. For each place we've identified here, we also recommend a tour, and most of them offer free time and some customization. Some of the tours save you money, others cost a little bit extra, but all of them include airport transfers, entrance fees, and a few meals—not to mention a hefty dose of protection against anxiety. Yes, it is possible to go all of these places on your own, but it's a lot smarter to go with a group.
    Read More: http://www.budgettravel.com/feature/travel-advice-best-places-to-book-travel-tours,12661/

anileze, FlyingFree and uggboy like this.
  2. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Indeed, sometimes it's better to take the organized tour as opposed to doing it alone, it's often more cost conscious too, we have visited Mount Fuji for example with an organized tour or a sobering / sad group visit to the Auschwitz / Birkenau concentration camp with guide. In all this cases we found it way better to be organized with transportation, entrance fees included.

anileze likes this.
  3. Fredrik
    Original Member

Fredrik Silver Member

Status Points:
    I usually travel alone and like it that way. I do agree that some places are best visited with others. I'm not just sure the places mentioned are the ones I would think of. Some resorts with fabulous beaches perhaps but Russia?

anileze likes this.