77W schedule for JFK - aka X-Mas trip to Greece

Discussion in 'British Airways | Executive Club' started by justplanenuts, Jul 31, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. justplanenuts

justplanenuts Active Member

Status Points:
    Hi All,

Planning a trip for Mrs. and Mom to Athens this X-Mas and am springing for WT+ with the potential to upgrade. Long story short, I'm chasing the 77W for WT+ on the backside figuring a short daytime ride might not be worth the upgrade. The dates are 12/20 - 12/30 and on the outbound it looks like BA0174 is the 77W, but for the life of me, I can't find it on the return even if I shift days. Any help/advice will be appreciated.

On a slightly different topic, I have never been to Athens or Greece and if anyone cares to share advice or experiences that would be fantastic.

2. The Saint
    Original Member

The Saint Silver Member

Status Points:
    BA113, 177 and 179 are 777s on 30 Dec, but none of them is a 773.

3. justplanenuts

justplanenuts Active Member

Status Points:
    I could move back to the 29th, but I couldn't tell for sure whether the 77W ran a schedule on that day either. One of the test booking for a 777 pulled up a 747 seat map on BA :)

If I was to stay WT+ for the return, any preference or comparisons between the 777 or the 744?

4. The Saint
    Original Member

The Saint Silver Member

Status Points:
    The WT+ cabin on the Low-J 744 is regarded highly. You can tell whether it is one of those by looking at the seat map. If it is showing Row 11 in WT+, then that is a Low-J. However, I think they tend to use mostly High-J on JFK, although they might shuffle a few around over the Xmas period given lower anticipated J bookings.

skyvan likes this.
  5. tornadoflyer

tornadoflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    You can plan for a particular config and then find it changes on the day......I have expected to fly the
    new bird only to turn up at briefing to discover it changed to the 200 model........just so you know!