77W 9V-SWQ Skids off runway @ MUC

Discussion in 'Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer' started by SQuealer, Nov 3, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. SQuealer

SQuealer Silver Member

Status Points:
    A Singapore Airlines flight with 158 people on board veered off the runway right after landing in the Munich Airport on Thursday, but none of the passengers or crew were injured.
    The Boeing 777 airplane had veered off the runway shortly after landing in the afternoon, coming to rest on the grass.
    SIA said the flight, SQ327, departed Manchester at around 9am (5pm Singapore time) and arrived at Munich at around 12.10pm (7.10pm Singapore time). It was scheduled to depart Munich for Singapore at 1.10pm.

The runway at the airport was closed after the incident and is expected to reopen at night.

More pix here.

SQ LPP likes this.
  2. Fredrik
    Original Member

Fredrik Silver Member

Status Points:
    It's good nobody was hurt but I can't help thinking that the captain may have to look for a new job shortly.

cennas and SQuealer like this.
  3. cennas
    Original Member

cennas Gold Member

Status Points:
    That's what I thought too :)

miles and smiles and lwkatya like this.
  4. drdubs
    Original Member

drdubs Silver Member

Status Points:
    On a related note, I'd assume the 158 people onboard quoted above includes crew, which would suggest there was a very light passenger load on this flight. Is the Manchester-Munich flight always so empty?

5. SQuealer

SQuealer Silver Member

Status Points:
    The flight is usually full after joining pax board the plane from MUC to SIN.

SQ LPP likes this.