777 -200 WW 1

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by sfo1, Mar 5, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. sfo1
    Original Member

sfo1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Row 21 is behind the three rows reserved for FA's. Seat Guru use to show these as "green" seats, as there was/is extra legroom. Seat Guru does not show these seats as "green" anymore, they are shown as regular E+ seating with no notation regarding the extra leg room. Last time I flew this 777 I sat in this row with much more leg room. Has this row changed or is there still more leg room than in other E+ seating rows?

2. Actonma
    Original Member

Actonma Silver Member

Status Points:
    Can't say specifically bit I'd be VERY surprised if the configuration changed.

3. Mrs. Fredd
    Original Member

Mrs. Fredd Silver Member

Status Points:
    Seat Guru differentiates between the two versions of the orig. config 777. Worldwide #1 shows the FA seats with lots of extra room in 21 HJ, but #2 does not. We're on a #2 IAD-GRU next week, and UA's map does not show any 8 or 9 AB seats in business. I assume that these will be FA seats, and that 18-20 HJ will be regular seats. Twice in Jan and Feb we were in a 777 NRT-BKK with no FA seats Rows 17-20, and 21 HJ had absolutely no extra room Makes Row 17 much more desirable.

4. FortFun
    Original Member

FortFun Gold Member

Status Points:
    As you noted, there are two different versions of the old config 777. The XP, which typically does TPAC, has no 8AB or HJ (it's not just that they're blocked, they're literally not there), and has normal E+ for 17-20 HJ. 9AB do exist but are usually blocked, at least in advance. The other configuration (XC/XI) typically does TATL, and that's the one with full row 8 and the crew rest in 17-20 HJ.

Of course, swaps can and do happen, which is why 17AB is generally considered safer than 21HJ (even though the latter is better when it hits).

Once everything is converted over to the new planes, we won't have to worry about this anymore. :)

5. Mackieman
    Original Member

Mackieman Gold Member

Status Points:
    At 6'8", 21HJ for my wife and I on the XC config was AMAZING.

6. sfo1
    Original Member

sfo1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks all for the above info. I will be flying out of SEA TO NRT, I do check my seats at least once a week so will watch in case there is a swap of aircraft, my flight is not until Oct and as of now, I am about the only one on this flight and will keep 21H as my seat.