772 Seating - J & F

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by zpaul, Jun 28, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. zpaul

zpaul Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm kicking myself because I'm sure this information is here somewhere, but my searching talents don't bring anything up beyond the 773...please point me in the right direction if there is a/are thread(s) on this already (which I can't believe there aren't...)

Upcoming flights on a 772 in J one way (EZE-MIA and MIA-LAX) and F the other (JFK-EZE). Since it's my first time on this plane, I'm looking for guidance for decent seats. Currently in 10G, 9H and 2A. Any thoughts?

jbcarioca likes this.
  2. garyst16
    Original Member

garyst16 Silver Member

Status Points:
  3. zpaul

zpaul Gold Member

Status Points:
    jbcarioca and guberif like this.
  4. John777

John777 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Center section in Business (10G) is good because the person in the center will probably alternate climbing over you and the person on the other aisle.

The A and J seats in F are great for traveling alone, so 2A will be fine. 4A/4J are too set back towards the galley so avoid these. I always try to grab 1J if available...it feels more private.

jbcarioca and zpaul like this.
  5. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    I prefer rows 2 and 3 in the front cabin on these planes. Row 4 gets some galley noise from behind, and row 1 sometimes has to deal with people talking in the forward door area during flight.

Some people really find seeing no one in front of them as nice (sort of like row 1 on a 747)...in which case row 1 is worth it.

6. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:

Agreed. 2J is my seat of choice. Avoids the noise in the front and back and no pilots getting up and down throughout the flight to potentially disturb you.

jbcarioca, gleff and zpaul like this.
  7. chanp
    Original Member

chanp Silver Member

Status Points:
    I like 2A or J as well. Ive tried just about every F seat on the 772 and row 2 is the one I prefer. In business, I always like row 11, aisle in the middle section, but 10 will do too.

8. anabolism
    Original Member

anabolism Gold Member

Status Points:
    2A for me as well. Row 3 is also fine.

BTW, I find myself less enamored of seatguru these days. Years ago I was all over it (even tried to submit corrections, such as misstatements regarding Saabs, not that it ever seemed to make it in). Too much canned info that is often inaccurate.

Aktchi, zpaul and jbcarioca like this.
  9. John Woram

John Woram Silver Member

Status Points:
    Can't help with seat selection (yet) -- I'm doing my first JFK/EZE and EZE/MIA/JFK on a 772 later this year (3D & 3G both ways). But since you're doing EZE/MIA soon, please post something about the current state of the AA area at EZE. I know the Admirals Club is closed until 2014, but we can use the nearby (I think) LAN club. Any problems to be on the lookout for??

10. zpaul

zpaul Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have friends who fly in and out of EZE all the time. I haven't heard of any problems, and they rave about the new LAN lounge which AA uses while the AC is closed. I saw a TR about it and it looks quite nice (compared to the previous!). Just to mention, I'm not flying until early September so it's not that soon!

jbcarioca likes this.
  11. John Woram

John Woram Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks--that's encouraging news about the LAN lounge. The old AA lounge was no prize winner, so here's hoping the new one will be better. But that's not till next year, and we're headed to USH in December, then back to B. A. and over to Colonia for a few days. Then back to EZE for the flight to MIA, and I wasn't looking forward to just "hanging out" at EZE, waiting for that late night flight.

zpaul and jbcarioca like this.
  12. zpaul

zpaul Gold Member

Status Points:
    jbcarioca likes this.
  13. John Woram

John Woram Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the link, and it looks like I'm not the only one who was underwhelmed with the old AC club: "Compared to the otherwise horrible lounges at Ezeiza Airport (like the Admirals Club), I actually found this one to be quite nice." Like I said (more or less), here's hoping for an improvement in 2014.

jbcarioca likes this.
  14. John777

John777 Silver Member

Status Points:
  15. TRYING2BPLAT

TRYING2BPLAT Silver Member

Status Points:
    wish I can go to EZE someday!

16. zpaul

zpaul Gold Member

Status Points:
    Note that that's the LAN lounge; the AC is closed and being remodeled now. Given its previous condition, the new one can only be an improvement!

John777 and jbcarioca like this.
  17. John Woram

John Woram Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hope I don't get a summons for thread drift here;) , but for anyone flying within Argentina, then back to EZE for a flight home, keep in mind that an AR flight back to EZE may go, unannounced, to AEP instead. From there, it's more-or-less up to you to figure out how to get to EZE. The deal is to stand on a long line, with everyone else who has the same problem, explain the problem/show your docs to an attendant, who will then issue a voucher for a car to EZE. Drag your bags the length of the terminal, show the voucher to yet another attendant, who will then summon a car. Apparently it has never occurred to the AR folks to get a van (which would be cheaper) and offer a bit of assistance. Last time this happened to me, a B. A. based colleague caught a later flight to AEP, and that one was diverted to EZE. Same excuse offered separately to both of us: the plane "was needed" at the other airport.

18. Misplaced Texan
    Original Member

Misplaced Texan Gold Member

Status Points:
    At the risk of contributing to the thread drift, your first, second, and quite possibly third mistakes were all flying AR.

Sent from a place using a fruit thing.

zpaul and jbcarioca like this.
  19. John Woram

John Woram Silver Member

Status Points:
    Amen1, Amen2, Amen3. I'd rather go LAN (or maybe even bus ;)), but client books us on AR. I think part of the reason is that until recently, their only departure from EZE was at 0425. Now they have another one a few hours later. So, the AR departure times work better, even if the flights themselves don't. Oh well.

zpaul likes this.