763/762 Power port updates

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by stuartfla, Feb 7, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. stuartfla
    Original Member

stuartfla Silver Member

Status Points:
    For any updates on the powerport deactivation on the 763/762s including if and when the extended batteries for the Portable EDs begin rolling out. Received today the now regular e-mail that I am booked on a 762 flight that will not have active power ports and the now consistent power port mileage compensation - which show on my AAdvantage summary as "powerport deactiviation AND customer service bonus" see below:

01/25/11
    CUSTOMER SERVICE BONUS

01/25/11
    POWERPORT DEACTIVATION

TheIceTrojan and KimK like this.
  2. gemac
    Original Member

gemac Silver Member

Status Points:
    For a future flight, I have gotten the e-mail but no bonus miles. My understanding was that when the batteries were available, the miles would stop, so I interpreted this as meaning that the batteries are there.

KimK likes this.
  3. studio253
    Original Member

studio253 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I received an e-mail about an upcoming 767 flight that will have no powerports as well. There was no offer of extra miles.

4. KimK
    Original Member

KimK Silver Member

Status Points:
    Got the e-mail today and the bonus points coming my way - guessing my flight does not have the extended batteries then??

TheIceTrojan likes this.
  5. stuartfla
    Original Member

stuartfla Silver Member

Status Points:
    Is the upcoming flight that you got the bonus point notification today on a 762 (transcon) or 763?

KimK and TheIceTrojan like this.
  6. gemac
    Original Member

gemac Silver Member

Status Points:
    Your e-mail mentioned miles being put into your account because of the power ports? When is your flight, and what aircraft type, please?

7. KimK
    Original Member

KimK Silver Member

Status Points:
    LAX- JFK its this Friday

8. KimK
    Original Member

KimK Silver Member

Status Points:
    LAX- JFK this Friday 767 I am in First Class - three class flight

TheIceTrojan likes this.
  9. manfromkrypton
    Original Member

manfromkrypton Silver Member

Status Points:
    apologies, i missed the memo. What is the scenario in which the bonus miles will be offered? I am not sure what the extended batteries mean.

TheIceTrojan likes this.
  10. benolaa
    Original Member

benolaa Gold Member

Status Points:
    If your flight does not have a working powerport you will be given bonus miles if in First/Business. In order to stop giving away free miles AA got extended batteries for their entertainment system. For flight with the extended battery they are not giving bonus points although if you call ymmv.

11. popfly
    Original Member

popfly Silver Member

Status Points:
    I flew the first day the ports weren't working, LAX-JFK. Never received a follow-up message/call but then I was scheduled to fly again in a few days LAX-JFK and received a call that I would get the miles. My return JFK-LAX had the larger battery packs and until today the miles hadn't posted to my account. Called up CS and they gave me the miles for all 4 segments! [​IMG]

12. gemac
    Original Member

gemac Silver Member

Status Points:
    We are trying to determine this, as it has changed within the last week or so. It appears that those in coach are not receiving the miles, just an e-mail stating that there won't be power. KimK is reporting that she received the miles for a future flight in First. The justification AA is using for not giving miles is that they have extended-life batteries in their PEDs, as that is the only possible use that they can think of for power on a 5 hour flight on which they sell internet access. [​IMG]

HNL likes this.
  13. KimK
    Original Member

KimK Silver Member

Status Points:
    What I said is that I got an e-mail that due to the PowerPort issue I would be getting points...never said I had already received them for this flight on Friday. There is a difference!

TheIceTrojan and stuartfla like this.
  14. TheIceTrojan
    Original Member

TheIceTrojan Silver Member

Status Points:
    Your post was clear on that, thinking GEMAC just got out ahead of you!

KimK, stuartfla and TuesdayMass like this.
  15. gemac
    Original Member

gemac Silver Member

Status Points:
    You're right - there is a difference. But if AA said in writing that you'll get them, I've no doubt that you will get them.

HNL likes this.
  16. KimK
    Original Member

KimK Silver Member

Status Points:
    The flight in question is tomorrow. Expecting to see the miles posted sometime after.

TheIceTrojan likes this.
  17. I have a flight in a few weeks in F on 762. I got an email recently about the power ports. No miles offered, but I don't care about free miles. I'm just more curious about these new long-life batteries they have promised for the PED's. Are they available? Are the PED's being offered.

KimK likes this.
  18. gemac
    Original Member

gemac Silver Member

Status Points:
    I believe thats "Yes", and "Yes".

19. ^^^

20. KimK
    Original Member

KimK Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just on JFK-SFO this am, no extended batteries for PED. The purser in F said they hope to have rewires begin this summer. Asked if she had been on any flights with extended batteries - said not yet. PED lasted 20 minutes- I just want(ed) to plug in my laptop! Also, they did not even bother to give out any in J on this flight - not that it would have been anymore valuable there.

TheIceTrojan likes this.
  21. This is a real foul up.

TheIceTrojan likes this.
  22. TheBeerHunter
    Original Member

TheBeerHunter Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yikes. [​IMG] Sorry about your experience, though it gives me more reason to make sure my iPad is all full up for my SFO-JFK run tomorrow.

KimK likes this.
  23. stuartfla
    Original Member

stuartfla Silver Member

Status Points:
    In particular if the re-wires are not slated to be done by summer which in AA scheduling history usually translates to a later time period!

TheIceTrojan and KimK like this.
  24. KimK
    Original Member

KimK Silver Member

Status Points:
    This is really troublesome with the number of transcons I have booked in F and J between now and then. Really could care less about bonus mileage credit and extended PEDs are not the solution - I just want my cabin to have working power for the laptop - is that too much for a lady to ask?

TheIceTrojan likes this.
  25. TheIceTrojan
    Original Member

TheIceTrojan Silver Member

Status Points:
    AA needs to address this issue and be more clear on correction timelines is they intend to stay competitive on what had been a competitive transcon product LAX-NYC!

KimK and Chamonix like this.